• New Assistant Coach

#24923  by 76MrMoto
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 am
From today's "The Football Scoop";
Furman (FCS – SC): Chad Byers, who previously served as a defensive quality control coach for the program before taking a graduate assistant position at Marshall this past season, has been hired to coach the outside linebackers.
 #24929  by bj93
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:08 pm
Just curious. I thought we lost a D line coach and Cornerback coach. New hire is OLB coach.
 #24937  by Jasper
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:15 pm
bj93 wrote:
Just curious. I thought we lost a D line coach and Cornerback coach. New hire is OLB coach.
It might be a ruse - the old bait and switch trick. He also has a sinister smile. Is he really an OLB coach......or is he not? He looks like he knows something that we don't.
 #24952  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:15 am
Jasper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:15 pm
bj93 wrote:
It might be a ruse - the old bait and switch trick. He also has a sinister smile. Is he really an OLB coach......or is he not? He looks like he knows something that we don't.
According to Keeler, Corico Wright will handle defensive backs and Vaughn will step in to assist in various areas. Vaughn coached OLBs last season.

So, we are still hiring two coaches - and will still hire a DL coach.
 #25780  by AstroDin
 Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:35 pm
lots to like with the hire of Lewis - first Lewis looks like he kicks a$$.
love the CAA and Ivy (W&M and Richmond experience) and he brings a nice recruiting footprint.
Lewis was the Tribe’s primary recruiter in Metro Richmond, Southern Atlanta, Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
FUKA61, Affirm liked this
 #25784  by Furmanoid
 Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:17 pm
This guy looks really legit. I also like that he’s coming from a triple option team and hopefully knows how to train guys to shut that nonsense down. CCH just impresses the hell out of me.
MidlandsPaladin, MNORM, Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #25792  by The Jackal
 Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:33 pm
Hard not to like the hire. Yet another guy with academy background that has coached at academic-first institutions. It's hard not to gravitate towards coaches out of the academies as I am almost positive they are used to squeezing every ounce from their players.

Also, yet another guy with a background in the 3-4 and tons of experience with the option.
Affirm liked this
 #25830  by DeepPurple
 Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:26 am
This is a great hire for Furman. This guy is a true DL coach. Many times coaches move from different positions because there is a job. This has got to make us better. GO FU!
FUKA61, Affirm, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.