• Woffy at Furman (BSW) - February 22

#25684  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Whew!! So glad we somehow pulled that one out. A loss would have been hard to swallow after missing so opportunities. Gurley was 3-3 from 3 and everyone else 2-21. Gotta start shooting the 3's better. Lyons with no 3's. Lyons, Hunter and Mounce with 15 total points. How did we win? Is anyone else starting to get concerned about Hunter seemingly not wanting to shoo?. We need points from him. Did anyone notice the PA annoncer screwed up the starting lineup by introducing Bothwell? The starting 5 was sitting on the bench as usual and Bothwell was standing up and acted shocked when they called his name. Hunter immediately came into the game when it started. Once you are introduced you have to start. That broke our string of starting the same 5 all year. I hope Tre Clark is back Wednesday. Bothwell was POTG. Love the BB team reaction above. One other thing Pugh hit a big 3.
dornb, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #25685  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:25 pm
ETSU at Samford tied at the half., 42-all. Now with less than ten to play they're still tied at 57.

Too much to hope for?
 #25695  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm
I find it funny that some say we cannot win with shooting so many 3 pointers, and then say when we can't win without the 3 pointers. Well, we seem to find a way to win either way. Kudos to the Paladins to finding a way to pull this one out.
FUKA61 liked this
 #25697  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 pm
SoCon Commissioner in the house today. Hopefully he saw why the SoCon tournament needs to be at The Well.

Official attendance: 6,096.
And 6,095 of those were Furman fans. I was surprised the Woffy fans did not show up. I cannot remember the seating capacity for basketball at the Brown Box. Was the game today the highest attendance for a Furman home basketball game?
 #25698  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
On that steal/dunk by Slawson I was shocked that no foul was called. Wait, I’m never shocked when it comes to the ineptness of SoCon officials.

This win was bigger than the W in the win column. Can you imagine the uproar against playing at The Well if we had dropped 2 of the 3 we played there?
Roundball liked this
 #25702  by Flagman
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:21 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:13 pm
SoCon Commissioner in the house today. Hopefully he saw why the SoCon tournament needs to be at The Well.

Official attendance: 6,096.
And 6,095 of those were Furman fans. I was surprised the Woffy fans did not show up. I cannot remember the seating capacity for basketball at the Brown Box. Was the game today the highest attendance for a Furman home basketball game?
There were a few Woffies in the section next to us who were pretty vocal. We did have one Furman fan (she was wearing a Furman shirt) who asked us to sit down so she could see better. Didn't bother me. I stood when I needed to and when I wanted to. After all, it was basketball and not tennis or golf.
 #25703  by tya1
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:31 pm
Sometimes you lose games you should have won. (Auburn), and sometimes you win when you probably should have lost (today.) Lyons, Hunter, and Mounce combine to go 0-15 from behind the three point line; Gurley misses about seven shots within five feet of the basket; and we get out rebounded and only have nine assists. Tell me that before the game and it would be hard to see a win coming.

But the defense came through, big time. We had eight more steals and forced nine more turnovers than Wofford.
I think we had a few games over 6,095. We also had a game at the "Well" against Clemson with over 6,000. We actually had games against the Tigers back to back years after they opened the building, but I think the first game was counted as a Clemson home game.
 #25704  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:54 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:31 pm
Sometimes you lose games you should have won. (Auburn), and sometimes you win when you probably should have lost (today.) Lyons, Hunter, and Mounce combine to go 0-15 from behind the three point line; Gurley misses about seven shots within five feet of the basket; and we get out rebounded and only have nine assists. Tell me that before the game and it would be hard to see a win coming.

But the defense came through, big time. We had eight more steals and forced nine more turnovers than Wofford.
I think we had a few games over 6,095. We also had a game at the "Well" against Clemson with over 6,000. We actually had games against the Tigers back to back years after they opened the building, but I think the first game was counted as a Clemson home game.

Indeed little woffy had no fan support today, kinda makes it look funny to recall back when they were saying they would make it a neutral court earlier this year, that place was jacked and rocking with 6,000 Fuman hoops fans, it was a beautiful thing to see!

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.