• Furman @ ETSU (Feb. 19)(SoCon Showdown)

#25570  by furpop16
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:08 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:03 pm
Hope Clark's okay ... concussion?
Has to be, unfortunately if he was unable to play tonight we won't have him Saturday either.

On the post-game show Coach was thinking concussion, just as I'm sure we all have been, though he quickly added "[Clark's injury] needs to be fully examined, first."

That said, are there any NCAA basketball rules regarding concussions requiring #minutes or #games to be sat-out? Sort of like a football-player taking off his helmet while still on the field?
 #25583  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:31 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:06 pm
His first foul out in his whole career. 120+ games.
That says a lot. I thought a couple of his fouls were very questionable mainly due to ETSu players acting jobs.
 #25584  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
That says a lot. I thought a couple of his fouls were very questionable mainly due to ETSu players acting jobs.

ISAIAH TISDALE spent nearly 50% of the entire game flopping around, looking like an idiot

Can't stand when players resort to that junk, glad our team is not built on that BS, reminds me of the weak soccer crap that goes on all the time now, need to get that crap out of basketball
hypercycloid liked this
 #25585  by MNORM
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:43 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:20 pm
ETSU was the better team tonight and is tops in the conference. I think UNCG is second best, with us in third. We just don't have enough offensive consistency from night to night. Why didn't we see Pugh come into the game? Seems like he's been demoted to the bench behind Kenney, who has shot fairly poorly in games. We also need another big man behind Gurley and Slawson - not sure why Beeker can't get 5 -7 min a game to help with the foul situation. One of our big men are always getting into early foul trouble. I realize he's young, but why even lift the redshirt on him? As much as I love Tre Clark on D, he needs to sometimes take the open shot - teams now realize he can't shoot from outside and his only option is to drive to the basket. We need to get hot in the tournament if we're going to have any chance at making the field of 64.
I've probably said this 4 times on this board....you must play solid team defense to see the court. That is CBR's philosophy. If you don't you'll get demoted...simple as that.
 #25586  by hypercycloid
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:05 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:

ISAIAH TISDALE spent nearly 50% of the entire game flopping around, looking like an idiot

Can't stand when players resort to that junk, glad our team is not built on that BS, reminds me of the weak soccer crap that goes on all the time now, need to get that crap out of basketball
I made the comment to my wife during the game that Tisdale was throwing his head back like he got hit any time a Furman player came near him. Super annoying to watch.
 #25593  by purplehorse
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:39 pm
When I saw Lyons come back in I trusted he was smart enough to not foul out. When the big man for ETSU went down the right side of the lane, I have no idea how Lyons ended up with his 5th foul (just could not see what happened). I would have kept him IN after his 4th as CBR largely did.

Unfortunately none of our other players stepped up in the last 5 minutes.
 #25595  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Rumor says the refs are still reviewing tape to see if any more flagrant fouls COULD have been called :evil:

I watched replay of game, I saw nothing even legitimately close to being worth reviewing, let alone actually called
Just chalk it up to typical bush league SoCon crew
 #25607  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:37 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:56 pm
tim wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:51 pm
Rumor says the refs are still reviewing tape to see if any more flagrant fouls COULD have been called :evil:

I watched replay of game, I saw nothing even legitimately close to being worth reviewing, let alone actually called
Just chalk it up to typical bush league SoCon crew
This whole business of going over to the monitor to see if there was a flagrant foul is the stupidest thing in basketball. If a foul is FLAGRANT!!! then it should be obvious and the refs should be able to call it when they see it. If they aren't sure and have to have a monitor review, then to me it's not flagrant. Who makes these dumbass rules??? It ruins the flow of the game.
apaladin, furpop16, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #25638  by FUpaladin08
 Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:48 am
We showed the last 5 minutes that we are completely lost without JL. If you had sat him the game would have gotten out of control. Missing Clark certainly hurt. Anyone heard anything on Clark. The coach say anything on the postgame?
This is my concern for next year. Very excited about our returning players, but we need to see who will be the dependable shooter (specifically beyond the arc) going forward.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #25639  by Monday
 Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:48 am
We showed the last 5 minutes that we are completely lost without JL. If you had sat him the game would have gotten out of control. Missing Clark certainly hurt. Anyone heard anything on Clark. The coach say anything on the postgame?
This is my concern for next year. Very excited about our returning players, but we need to see who will be the dependable shooter (specifically beyond the arc) going forward.
Mounce, Bothwell, Gurley, Pugh and Hunter all have a better 3pt% than Lyons.

Gurley, Mounce, Bothwell, and Slawson all have a better FG% than Lyons.
 #25642  by FUKA61
 Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Talking about returning players I wonder about the two who are redshirting this year. Will someone who has seen some practices think that one or both may be able to give some help next year.
 #25644  by CharlieFU
 Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:04 pm
Bothwell is capable of averaging 15 ppg next year. I’m not concerned about replacing Lyons. Just I wasn’t too worried about Croone, Acox and Rafferty when they left. Plenty of talent to go around
FUKA61, Roundball and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:16 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.