#25575  by CharlieFU
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:42 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:04 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm
In a really tough spot right now. Could get the 2 seed, but that might mean Wofford in the quarters and UNCG in the semis just to meet ETSU. Would the 3 seed and a matchup with Mercer, UTC or WCU be more to our liking?

Honestly, 2 seed or 3 seed don't think it will make much difference, both in about the same spot
Agree, it really doesn't matter now. We are going to play either WC, WCU, Mercer or UTC all of which are capable of sending the Paladins home early. Right now I am just hoping to win the next 3 and get an NIT bid. Now that the pressure of winning the regular season is over maybe we can just go out and play.
“All of which we are capable of winning.” Geez apaladin. You need to changer moniker to GLASS HALF EMPTY!
apaladin, MNORM liked this
 #25581  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:26 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
In a really tough spot right now. Could get the 2 seed, but that might mean Wofford in the quarters and UNCG in the semis just to meet ETSU. Would the 3 seed and a matchup with Mercer, UTC or WCU be more to our liking?

Honestly, 2 seed or 3 seed don't think it will make much difference, both in about the same spot
Agree, it really doesn't matter now. We are going to play either WC, WCU, Mercer or UTC all of which are capable of sending the Paladins home early. Right now I am just hoping to win the next 3 and get an NIT bid. Now that the pressure of winning the regular season is over maybe we can just go out and play.
“All of which we are capable of winning.” Geez apaladin. You need to changer moniker to GLASS HALF EMPTY!
You got to give me credit that I didn’t say they would probably send us home early. Just pointing out there really is no difference as far as being 2nd or 3rd as others have said. Gonna have to beat 3 good teams in a row now regardless if we are 2 or 3. ETSU is the only one not facing that now.
 #25592  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:

You got to give me credit that I didn’t say they would probably send us home early. Just pointing out there really is no difference as far as being 2nd or 3rd as others have said. Gonna have to beat 3 good teams in a row now regardless if we are 2 or 3. ETSU is the only one not facing that now.
There is a huge difference in the number 2 or 3 game time starts. I would much rather play at 6:00 as the number 2 seed than at 8:30 or 9:00 as the number 3 seed. Get my players in bed as early as possible on Saturday night.
 #25597  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:59 pm
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:

There is a huge difference in the number 2 or 3 game time starts. I would much rather play at 6:00 as the number 2 seed than at 8:30 or 9:00 as the number 3 seed. Get my players in bed as early as possible on Saturday night.

Indeed
Last year we had the 3 seed late Quarterfinal game, and in the Semis we lead UNCG in 2nd half then looked worn down late and imploded, Quarterfinal start times for each team may have played a factor
 #25611  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:44 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:

Indeed
Last year we had the 3 seed late Quarterfinal game, and in the Semis we lead UNCG in 2nd half then looked worn down late and imploded, Quarterfinal start times for each team may have played a factor
I really don't see how playing the second game of the evening section vs. the first would make much difference. Maybe it does. As far as last years fade in game 2, I think it had more to do with Matt Rafferty's injury than playing the last game the night before. IIRC he missed several shots he normally makes down the stretch in that game with the bad hand.
 #25613  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:44 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:

Indeed
I really don't see how playing the second game of the evening section vs. the first would make much difference. Maybe it does. As far as last years fade in game 2, I think it had more to do with Matt Rafferty's injury than playing the last game the night before. IIRC he missed several shots he normally makes down the stretch in that game with the bad hand.

True, it was the curse working its magic
apaladin liked this
 #25614  by furpop16
 Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:51 pm

True, it was the curse working its magic

You keep this up @DungeonRealm and you'll have me lighting incense and offering alms to JoBu.

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:20 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.