• Furman @ ETSU (Feb. 19)(SoCon Showdown)

#25416  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:46 pm
Since ETSU rejoined the SoCon FU is 6-5 against ETSU in the regular season

ETSU won both SoCon tourney semifinal games against us however
 #25418  by Flagman
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:27 pm
palafan wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:41 pm
Is there a Furman section for seating?
When I got our tickets, there were plenty available in the upper deck directly behind our bench. If you cross the aisle to the section in the corner, the price drops for $15 to $10.
 #25424  by fufanatic
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:09 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:12 pm
Mid Major Madness Top 25:
https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020/2/ ... nzaga-sdsu
This conference could have been dangerously close to 3 bids this year if just a few games had broken differently. For Furman, a win over USF and either Auburn or Alabama, for UNCG, not losing to Montana State and NC State on half court buzzer beaters, and for good measure, ETSU not losing at home to Mercer. But still a realistic chance for two bids depending on how the next two weeks go.
Affirm liked this
 #25430  by BucDoctor
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:20 pm
Hello everyone,
Travel safely.

What to expect at Freedom Hall.

Game will be near sell out or sell out (roughly 6500 capacity).
Parking will be at a premium in lots around Freedom Hall, I believe parking is $5 per car.
Arrive early, you will need to clear a security check. Clear bag policy in effect.
As you enter Freedom Hall make sure to pick up your complimentary line-up sheets.

Eat before you arrive at Freedom Hall, the City runs the concession stands and the selection and quality is ..well just make sure you are't relying on the concession stands for your evening meal. Locally you can find about any franchise restaurant. If you prefer local cuisine, in the downtown Johnson City area (approximately 1.5 miles from Freedom Hall) you would enjoy Friebergs (German), Red Meze (Turkish), Firehouse (Bar-b-que), White Duck Taco Company/Yee Haw Brewing Company, Label (American), Southern Craft (Bar-b-que), Cootie Brown's Campus (eclectic), and others.

After the game it takes traffic a bit of time to clear from the parking lots. Local post game coverage will be on AM640 or FM 104.9.

Have a safe trip, wish I could be there but I teach a Wednesday night class.

BucDoctor
FUKA61, dinsontop, MNORM and 7 others liked this
 #25431  by furpop16
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:38 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:19 pm

What's amazing to me about this is who's missing from the projected multi-bid conferences (see bottom of tweet): the MVC and the MAC. Can you imagine the SoCon with two slots and the MVC & MAC with only one each?

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:20 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.