• Women's game - Feb 15

#25332  by hawg
 Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 pm
I am a long time season ticket holder in men's hoops and have been a women's hoops attender for 15 years or so. You have heard me talking about officials in all the sports. But today, I am going the other way. The officials for the women thrashing ETSU were Libya Rentz, Talisa Green, Kevin Dillard. They did the best officiating job that I can recall for a FU women's game. Kudos. Perfect? Of course not, but that is just the goal, a goal that will never be reached. They were as good as it gets in Timmons.
For the men's game, I rated the performance above average for what we see. When I saw Bruce Benedict strut onto the court, I turned to a friend and said "Ah, Bruce. 5 personal fouls in the first half, 35 in the second half." I didn't expect this to be exact and it wasn't, but the pattern always seems to hold when Bruce in in the house. As I recall, today we had 5 in the first half, 24 in the second half. Both teams were in the super bonus (10+ in a half) with just under 10 minutes to go in the second half.
The fact that Mike Woods was in attendance never helps.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:40 pm

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:32 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.