• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 12)

#25125  by soconjohn
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:20 pm
The difference is Furman could end up with more Quad 1 wins this year than last year, and Furman has no horrible loss...Remember the loss to Samford last year was more detrimental than any win...Including Villanova.
 #25127  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:52 pm
soconjohn wrote:
The difference is Furman could end up with more Quad 1 wins this year than last year, and Furman has no horrible loss...Remember the loss to Samford last year was more detrimental than any win...Including Villanova.
At 28-6 and a loss to ETSU in the title game we would get a look, but I think they screw us just like they did a 28-6 UNCG team last year with no high major OOC wins (by high major you know what I mean, Winthrop and Loyola are nice but they are not high major)

Belmont got in last year and they had only 5 loses and a win @ UCLA, this year I think that's what ETSU can shoot for since they have the @ LSU win
soconjohn liked this
 #25133  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm
Just saw a breakdown by multi-bid conferences on espn. Had the SoCon with 2. Is that a fiirst?
 #25136  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 pm
Lunardi still has FU in Sacramento but playing Marquette now. ETSU a 12 seed also playing VCU in Dayton in the first four.
 #25144  by fufanatic
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:14 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:52 pm
soconjohn wrote:
At 28-6 and a loss to ETSU in the title game we would get a look, but I think they screw us just like they did a 28-6 UNCG team last year with no high major OOC wins (by high major you know what I mean, Winthrop and Loyola are nice but they are not high major)

Belmont got in last year and they had only 5 loses and a win @ UCLA, this year I think that's what ETSU can shoot for since they have the @ LSU win
That's my feeling as well. Really needed to beat Auburn or both of Alabama and USF to have a great shot at an at-large in my opinion. But I would love to be wrong if we don't happen to win the SoCon title.
 #25157  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm
Not looking ahead but it looks like next Wednesday’s game at ETSU is sold out.
Not sold out yet, but I am sure if both teams win this Wednesday and Saturday it will

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/BuyTickets ... eservation
Thanks, I was looking at ticketmaster and they only had a resell. I guess ETSU is like FU and doesn't use ticketmaster for ticket sales which is smart.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.