• Jordan Lyons = All Time Wins Record

#25006  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:13 pm
And he does it in style, notching not only 33 points but a very good road win against a solid WCU team, most impressive!
 #25031  by CharlieFU
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:44 pm
Winning all these games is nice. But still don’t have a big man. We turn it over like we have butter fingers. On top of that, we shoot too many 3’s, at a low percentage. Then there are those stupid games against DII teams. Do we not have a shooting coach to improve FT % and get Tre straightened out?

What else? Weak against the press. Our gym is a dump and we insist on giving away the home court advantage to play in an oversized Well. And the popcorn is stale. We long for the comfy seats at the Aud.

Other than that, I’m good. 😉
Horse, MNORM, Paul C liked this
 #25034  by furpop16
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Do we not have a shooting coach to improve FT % and get Tre straightened out?

I deleted my initial response because on further thought it was too whimsical. I would never call-out a player and my free-through muse was a genuine attempt at a legitimate question. At least that's the way I intended it.

And for the record, on today's post-game show CBR indicated Tre was the man-of-the match and his defensive skills were nearly singularly responsible for today's win. No straightening-out required, there. Go Paladins!
 #25036  by CharlieFU
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:31 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Do we not have a shooting coach to improve FT % and get Tre straightened out

I deleted my initial response because on further thought it was too whimsical. I would never call-out a player and my free-through muse was a genuine attempt at a legitimate question. At least that's the way I intended it.

And for the record, on today's post-game show CBR indicated Tre was the man-of-the match and his defensive skills were nearly singularly responsible for today's win. No straightening-out required, there. Go Paladins!
I was just having fun! Totally tongue in cheek. Tre is a defensive weapon of the highest order! An important part of what we do. Coach was subbing him and Bothwell back and forth at the end depending on whether we were on offense or defense.

Sorry to hijack thread. Jordan is an all time great at Furman, and a five young man.
furpop16, Roundball liked this
 #25045  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 pm
Words from the man, courtesy of Scott Keeler

"It's more special than any other honor or achievement you can have. This is a growth program. We've prided ourselves on player development and getting better every single year and we've done that," said Lyons, who added to his career record for 3-pointers set Wednesday by hitting 4-of-7 on Saturday.
"It's me right now but next year, Alex, Clay (Mounce) and Tre (Clark) are going to break it. In the next years, it will continue to be broken. That's the level this program has reached. I'm just really blessed to be a part of it."
FUKA61, furpop16, Horse and 5 others liked this
 #25046  by Flagman
 Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:56 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 pm
Words from the man, courtesy of Scott Keeler

"It's more special than any other honor or achievement you can have. This is a growth program. We've prided ourselves on player development and getting better every single year and we've done that," said Lyons, who added to his career record for 3-pointers set Wednesday by hitting 4-of-7 on Saturday.
"It's me right now but next year, Alex, Clay (Mounce) and Tre (Clark) are going to break it. In the next years, it will continue to be broken. That's the level this program has reached. I'm just really blessed to be a part of it."
A class act.
dornb, MNORM liked this
 #25055  by fufanatic
 Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:45 am
I know this a Jordan thread, but I want to defend Tre for a second. He’s an outstanding defender, incredibly athletic, and very strong around the net on offense with shots inside 5 feet. He’s a key part of the team and I’m glad he’s one of us. We need to remember that not everyone is going to be a 5-tool player, but when added to other players’ skills, combines to make a potent team.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.