• Am I right about FU Transfers?

#24907  by furpop16
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:12 pm
... the only outbound transfers I recall have been Jonathan Jean and Jalen Williams. And in both cases they departed with FU degrees in hand, correct?

Coach mentioned on the Mercer post-game that men's college b-ball has recently been "all about transfers". He then described how our program cuts against that grain, focusing on player development from their freshman year. Additionally he mentioned how few we have transfer out. But if I'm correct the FU story is much much better than that. What other program can say 100% of their departing transfers leave with their degrees? Moreover wasn't Jonathan Jean recently seen in the stands? That kind of compact - you play for us you're going to get your degree, even if you're not a starter - for which they retain their FU loyalty. That's a terrific story, and one the stats doesn't fully describe.

Another reason why I love to pull for this program and this team.
Affirm, din23, fufanatic and 2 others liked this
 #24908  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm
Also note I don't think we have taken a single transfer since we took USC's Damian Leonard in 2013 (who did not work out and never played in a game for us)

So is that correct, 0 transfers we have brought in in the past 7 years?
Affirm liked this
 #24910  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:39 am
furpop16 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:12 pm
... the only outbound transfers I recall have been Jonathan Jean and Jalen Williams. And in both cases they departed with FU degrees in hand, correct?

Coach mentioned on the Mercer post-game that men's college b-ball has recently been "all about transfers". He then described how our program cuts against that grain, focusing on player development from their freshman year. Additionally he mentioned how few we have transfer out. But if I'm correct the FU story is much much better than that. What other program can say 100% of their departing transfers leave with their degrees? Moreover wasn't Jonathan Jean recently seen in the stands? That kind of compact - you play for us you're going to get your degree, even if you're not a starter - for which they retain their FU loyalty. That's a terrific story, and one the stats doesn't fully describe.

Another reason why I love to pull for this program and this team.
Says a lot GOOD about Furman’s coaching staffs, players, recruitment, the program, and the university!
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.