• Mercer @ Furman (Feb. 5th)

#24879  by Flagman
 Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:57 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:13 pm
Season tix holders, we need to outdo the student section. Show up and show out.
I think we did. I was disappointed in the student turn-out. Especially disappointed that the baseball team appeared to leave after they were introduced. Nice to see our dean's list athletes at halftime. I made the dean's list while at Furman; just not that one.
QCGlue, furpep, fufanatic liked this
 #24890  by MNORM
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 am
tya1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 pm
Great defensive effort tonight. Very good shooting and passing. Great win. Surprisingly large win, too. I expected to have to have another nailbiter because of how well Mercer had been playing. We were getting hands in the passing lanes all night and really harassing them all over the place.
31 defensive deflections for the game....that's getting after the ball!
FUKA61 liked this
 #24896  by Jasper
 Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:19 am
This was the kind of defensive intensity that Furman needs to play with. They made a well coached and pretty good offensive team look bewildered last night. Shot clock time ran out on them several times and they were also forced to take poor, last second shots on numerous other locations. As we have seen, 3 point shooting comes and goes but defensive effort is always within reach.

Mike Bothwell is turning into an exceptionally creative scorer. Not only does he have an aggressive scorer's attitude but he is very reluctant to pick up his dribble and therefore keeps his options open to create a scoring opportunity for himself or another player. The man makes things happen.

Colin Kenney showed some promise last night as well. He has been earning more PT lately - apparently in practice sessions - and he showed a lot more confidence in his game last night. Handles the ball well, took good shots and played tough defense. This kid could be a big help in lengthening our rotation some as the season gets later.
Paladin575, FUKA61, fufanatic and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.