• VMI @ FURMAN Wednesday-Military Appreciation Day-free tickets???

#24621  by Paul C
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:52 pm
KenPom rankings are fun. That’s about it. No difference If we are 60 or 80 as long as we are winning.

This could have been the “Samford” loss from last years but it wasn’t. Thank god. We played great 2 games in a row and then this turd. Hope we got it out of our system.
MNORM, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #24625  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:39 am
Paul C wrote:
KenPom rankings are fun. That’s about it. No difference If we are 60 or 80 as long as we are winning.

This could have been the “Samford” loss from last years but it wasn’t. Thank god. We played great 2 games in a row and then this turd. Hope we got it out of our system.
Much more important is the NCAA “net” rankings. Before tonight we were #79 which is very good and NIT at large bid area. Will be interesting to see how far we fall tomorrow. Before tonight ETSU was in NCAA at large territory at #42. UNCG was at 74.
 #24627  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:42 am
Well we get to sit back and watch this Saturday. Biggest game of the day will be UNCG at ETSU at 4pm. A couple of others to keep an eye on are Sammy @ WC and WCU @ UTC. Have to pull on ETSU against UNCG. IMHO UNCG is the best team at least right now.
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #24630  by fufanatic
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:00 pm
Since we moved back into first place all alone for the time being we will be in the ESPN Bracket on Friday, be interesting to see what seed Lunardi puts an 18-5 FU squad
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
Currently, I think we would be listed as a 12 seed. ETSU has the potential to get up in the 10/11-seed range but last night hurt them. UNCG would also be a 12 seed IMO. The middle of the pack would probably be 13. The bottom would be a nightmare, with Citadel being a contender for Dayton.
 #24632  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:14 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:58 am
ETSU’s loss hurts the SoCon and our NET ranking. I would rather they stay high in the rankings to help us when we beat them, again.
I fully get where your coming from and its a very valid point, but I think our #1 goal until the tourney should be to win the SoCon regular season, thus in the grand scheme an ETSU loss last night was good
 #24636  by furpop16
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 am
Paul C wrote:
Gads, no kiddin'. The guys pulled-out a win, we're at the top of a very competitive conference, the dread ETSU lost to Mercer ... and ... the world is coming apart! And not just among UFFP'rs & KenPom; FU dropped in Massey & ESPN BPI as well. I'll take the win, as ugly as it was.

Al Davis had it right: just win, baby.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:32 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.