• Assistant Coach Leaving

#24372  by gofurman
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 pm
JohnW wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Down another one. Coach Ojong gone to UGA as an analyst.
That hurts. I was impressed with his CB coaching this year. I know people say you want to 'lose coaches' because it means they are doing a good job but let's be honest, you don't want to lose too many too fast. What you really want (obvious) is to have great coaches that stick around a little while until a big offer - like Bobby Johnson. That has been a noted point about Alabama dropping behind Clemson. CLemson freakin' NEVER loses Venables etc. good grief. bama loses multiple assistants constantly
 #24381  by The Jackal
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:03 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:12 pm
JohnW wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Down another one. Coach Ojong gone to UGA as an analyst.
That hurts. I was impressed with his CB coaching this year. I know people say you want to 'lose coaches' because it means they are doing a good job but let's be honest, you don't want to lose too many too fast. What you really want (obvious) is to have great coaches that stick around a little while until a big offer - like Bobby Johnson. That has been a noted point about Alabama dropping behind Clemson. CLemson freakin' NEVER loses Venables etc. good grief. bama loses multiple assistants constantly
Every season brings near constant shuffling of coaches for virtually every program in the country. Furman really isn't an exception to this.

For an FCS school, when bigger programs are looking at your coaches, its a mark that you are recruiting and retaining the right guys.

Clemson loses coaches too.
DeepPurple liked this
 #24382  by gman84
 Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 am
Assistant coaches are typically younger guys that are trying to improve their earning potential and experience. It's the nature of the business. Good luck to him. It's 2020 ;)
DeepPurple liked this
 #24420  by DeepPurple
 Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:17 am
I sure hate to lose Coach O. Congrats to him being picked up by UGA. We have lost secondary coaches to UGA and Auburn in the past two years. CCH must be hiring excellent coaches for these SEC schools to be after them. I trust he will bring in a super candidate. Look at the number of coaches UGA loses, people want good folks from good programs.
gman84 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.