• Samford @ Furman Wednesday night at Timmons

#24330  by MNORM
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:16 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 pm
Since no one posted anything. Don’t forget, we need everyone there. Every game is big from here on out. Yes, Samford can beat FU. Need everyone’s support.
...and we owe Samford one after laying an egg against them last year at home.
 #24332  by dinsontop
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:22 am
I expect a big time bounce back game tonight. Our coach is too good and our team is too talented to not show up tonight. Obviously anything is possible (we learned that lesson last year when Sammy came to town), but there is definitely a chip on this team's shoulder and I believe tonight we will make a statement... maybe prove the sky is indeed not falling
 #24334  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am
If this team and program are who I think they are, I'm fully expecting them to come out fired up and make a run at covering the gaudy 16.5 point spread. I want to see lockdown defense, steadier play at the point and really working the ball around the court looking for the best shot.
dornb, QCGlue, furpop16 liked this
 #24360  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 pm
Absolutely dominant performance and exactly what I hoped to see. Passing was excellent. The 3’s were on. Lyons bounced back nicely. Gurley needs to continue getting more looks inside. He’s very hard to stop within 10 feet. Truly remarkable that we scored 49 more points than Friday. Let’s keep this feeling going.
 #24361  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am
If this team and program are who I think they are, I'm fully expecting them to come out fired up and make a run at covering the gaudy 16.5 point spread. I want to see lockdown defense, steadier play at the point and really working the ball around the court looking for the best shot.
Didn’t just make a run at covering the spread ... they blew past it easily with a 23-point win.
furpop16 liked this
 #24362  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:59 pm
Just what we needed. I good old-fashion beat down! Back on track.

Hard to believe this was the same team that played Fri. night. Sammy's D was no where near what we saw against Woffy or UNCG, but we played together on O and the D was much improved.
QCGlue liked this
 #24368  by furpop16
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 pm
On the post-game show, Coach recalled that last year the team had [numerous ... I think he said eight] games with 20+ assists and until tonight this year the team had zero. He mentioned that was what was so disappointing about Friday's loss - not just the time & place, but the way we lost - he's been focusing the team on "deflections and assists", since. Tonight's result: Slawson had eight deflections alone (the team overall had 20+ deflections ... "twenty isn't remarkable, but it's huge considering we've been averaging half that") and the team had THIRTY assists.
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #24373  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:45 pm
Good win. Crowd was for the lack of a better word, pathetic(1,399) worst of the year. Ridiculous amount of no shows. Students section again was half full. At least the band was there. Despite the crowd the team responded well. Like someone said, I did not recognoize the team that played Friday. On to Citadel on Saturday afternoon. These Saturday afternoon games down there are always tough and I expect the same this Saturday. Remember all the big leads we've blown down there? No lead is safe.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.