• 2 weeks

#2388  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 am
......from today, players report and preparation for the 2018 season begins and the season will mark the 30th anniversary of the Paladins only National Championship season. That was before cell phones, HD TV and many other things. Where has time gone? Really, like many of us I have to think of just how many more seasons will I see? Kinda scary. Oh well what can you do? As always, looking forward to another season. Go Paladins.
AstroDin, dornb liked this
 #2390  by furman88
 Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 pm
Was at Tacoma Wash for the Tracy Ham bowl and Pocatello Idaho for the rematch,exciting times. Didn't think I would live to see another run like these. Happy to say I'm beginning to change my mind. Can see a purple light in the tunnel and its comming fast! Heres to Purple Reign!! Hide the women and children!
AstroDin liked this
 #2391  by Flagman
 Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 pm
Tacoma Dome - site of the most disappointing 2nd half of Furman football.
Mini-dome in Pocatello - greatest day in Furman football
QCGlue liked this
 #2395  by Jasper
 Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 am
......from today, players report and preparation for the 2018 season begins and the season will mark the 30th anniversary of the Paladins only National Championship season. That was before cell phones, HD TV and many other things. Where has time gone? Really, like many of us I have to think of just how many more seasons will I see? Kinda scary. Oh well what can you do? As always, looking forward to another season. Go Paladins.
apaladin - going deep!
apaladin liked this
 #2427  by AstroDin
 Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:46 am
I'm glad I was there for the Pocatello Game…
it's weird when I think back on "important" games for Furman - that game doesn't come to mind first.

Beating GSU on their turf in 2001 does.
Sadly the loss to APP in 2005 does.
Losing to Reno in 1990 does.

I guess my point for Apaladin. Your right we don't know how many more seasons of Paladin Football we will each see, hopefully, it will be many more for all of us. As I've gotten older… I've learned to enjoy the game - I want the DINS to win of course but I no longer live or die just if the Paladins win. ;)
furman88, apaladin, Affirm liked this
 #2428  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 am
I don't know about you fellows, but I'm here for the long haul.

Unless the team gets back to where we start trying to run around defenses out of the spread again. I'm not sure I can take another season of that crap.
 #2432  by Jasper
 Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 pm
The Jackal wrote:

Unless the team gets back to where we start trying to run around defenses out of the spread again. I'm not sure I can take another season of that crap.
In this system, that is just a nightmare we will never see again. It sure as hell is hard to forget though. Late developing, poorly executed, unimaginative, down wasting nonsense.
apaladin liked this
 #2437  by The Jackal
 Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:02 am
Jasper wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 pm
The Jackal wrote:

In this system, that is just a nightmare we will never see again. It sure as hell is hard to forget though. Late developing, poorly executed, unimaginative, down wasting nonsense.

I am absolutely not kidding when I say I watched a game from my living room and figured out Furman’s offensive signals when they would show our sideline.

If I could figure out a few plays in a couple of frames, how easy do you think that was for an opposing defense? Sometimes it looked like they knew what was coming and I am virtually certain they did.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.