• Big addition

#23974  by Paul C
 Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:04 pm
One of our top WR targets in last years recruiting cycle, Noah Henderson from CPA in Nashville, has announced he’s transferring from Charlotte to FU. Was a 3-star and had 5 FBS offers.

Press release by FU confirms.

Huge add in an area of need.
FUKA61, Affirm, MidlandsPaladin and 7 others liked this
 #23976  by Paladin91
 Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm
Great news...would still be nice to pick up another quality receiver in this upcoming recruiting class.
Affirm liked this
 #23979  by FUBeAR
 Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Runs a 4.47 at 6-1/195

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 899456002/
WR? Those are the exact same measurables as our All SoCon Center in 1982. Ask sluggo - he’ll confirm FUBeAR’s assertion. And...the guy who replaced him at Center was FASTER.

Welcome to Mr. Henderson! #FUATT
 #23999  by Jasper
 Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:39 pm
This is a potentially huge get for FU. We really need a big time receiver and this kid sure looks like one.
FUKA61 liked this
 #24225  by Bootie
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:49 pm
There's an edit in here I find interesting and curious (I'm a video editing nerd so I notice these things)... about 55 seconds in, he's running down the sideline and being chased by a number 8 in white, who is gaining on the angle. Then there's an edit and the shot is zoomed in, number 8 is now on the ground and Noah is running over/past him. Not that any of it really matters, I'm just curious now as to what transpired to get #8 on the ground and why it would be intentionally excluded.
 #24231  by AstroDin
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am
^^^ noticed that too Bootie - also a big editing nerd. Some creative stop jump editing and I might be wrong here also multiple camera angles. I assumed that Henderson stiff-armed #8.

Henderson is a physical receiver I'm excited to see how he performs in the Dins offense.
 #24253  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:01 pm
I’m a football nerd & unless I’m blind...the edited play y’all are breaking down at about 1:00 is the same play as the 1st real action-y play on the vid @ :20... which is unedited (more or less).

Mystery (Science Theater) solved?
AstroDin liked this
 #24255  by Bootie
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:59 pm
FUBeAR is right again.

Sidenote, I also just figured out your screen name haha.
FUBeAR liked this
 #24256  by The Jackal
 Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:47 pm
I got a kick out of this quote from Ingle Martin discussing why Henderson didn't have P5 offers:
“When you look at what he’s doing physically and production-wise, there is no question he’s a Power-5 receiver,” said CPA football coach Ingle Martin, who was in the NFL for three seasons after playing college football at both Florida and Furman.. “He’s getting better and better.

“I’m not a college coach. I’m just a stupid high school coach. I don’t know anything.”
https://usatodayhss.com/2018/why-doesnt ... r-5-offers
dornb, AstroDin, Bootie and 4 others liked this
 #24284  by gofurman
 Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 pm
AstroDin wrote:
^^^ noticed that too Bootie - also a big editing nerd. Some creative stop jump editing and I might be wrong here also multiple camera angles. I assumed that Henderson stiff-armed #8.

Henderson is a physical receiver I'm excited to see how he performs in the Dins offense.
Great get. Would love to see another and another. SPEED KILLS. I got tired of watching APy break our ankles in space. Which they did.

You cannot replace speed and the threat it presents. I have heard CH say he realizes we need more playmakers to compete at a higher level.
 #24303  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:19 pm
AstroDin wrote:

If we can find a QB to consistently get him the ball. :D

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.