• UNCG @ Furman (Jan. 11)(BSWA)

#23786  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:37 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:59 am
Downtown rewind:

Note, Winthrop has won 5 straight games and blowing teams out since we beat them at the 'Well', they are leading the Big South at 3-0 currently
 #23787  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:46 pm
Interesting tidbit - Nice to see Wichita State doing well, they lost a couple guys like us after last season but have largely the same team that we very nearly beat in the NIT last year, right now they are 13-1 and ranked in the Top 25, they host Memphis on ESPN2 tonight at what will be a soldout 10k+ Koch Arena in Wichita.
Also nice to see - Villanova (that we beat last season) has a lot of the same players left on their roster (plus a couple new guys) and is 11-3 and ranked Top 15. One of the players they lost off the team we beat was Eric Paschall, who is having a very nice rookie season in the NBA for the GS Warriors (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/31 ... c-paschall)
 #23791  by FU03times
 Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:09 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:09 pm
I was just about to post this here. Great video, showing how the team is taking advantage of resources beyond those specific to the athletic department, making the most of being part of a high level academic institution. Beautiful example of how CBR's attention to detail, numbers, and facts, has lifted the team higher, and improves each player from the moment they set foot on Furman's campus. Not to mention, I love seeing how good the relations are between the coaches and the professors. This is where our money's going, peeps. I'm proud of where this program is and where it's heading!
Roundball, furpop16, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #23797  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm
FU03times wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
I was just about to post this here. Great video, showing how the team is taking advantage of resources beyond those specific to the athletic department, making the most of being part of a high level academic institution. Beautiful example of how CBR's attention to detail, numbers, and facts, has lifted the team higher, and improves each player from the moment they set foot on Furman's campus. Not to mention, I love seeing how good the relations are between the coaches and the professors. This is where our money's going, peeps. I'm proud of where this program is and where it's heading!
True that!
 #23801  by The Jackal
 Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:26 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm
FU03times wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
True that!
At the very point in that video where it says "body composition," I was shoving the last bit of a blueberry muffin in my mouth.
FU03times, QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #23804  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:53 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 am
This must have been published prior to our game against ETSU.
 #23805  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:05 am
Flagman wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:53 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:55 am
This must have been published prior to our game against ETSU.
Its updated, ETSU still has their LSU win propping them up
 #23810  by Paul C
 Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 pm
Latest per KenPom, we are now:

#8 in the country in 2 pt shooting % at 56.2%
#76 in the country in 3 pt shooting% at 35.6%

(out of 353 D1 schools, vs D1 competition)
MNORM, FUKA61 liked this
 #23813  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:12 pm
Was curious and looked at seats available for the game. I know it’s wrong, but here is the pop up notice when I clicked on the purchase tickets icon.

“These tickets went fast and are currently sold out. But more tickets may become available soon. Check back for updates.”

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.