• ETSU @ Furman (Jan.4)

#23622  by Bootie
 Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:31 pm
In Timmons tonight it seemed to me the musical bass was thumping substantially more than in previous games. Anyone know if new subwoofers were installed recently?
Paladin575 liked this
 #23623  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:29 am
Jasper wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:08 pm
Tre Clark played the best game of his career. His defense, strong rebounding and keeping the ball live and his ability to get free for some key dunks made the difference in this game. Great hustle and desire.
Slawson played well also. If we can continue to get consistent production from those 2 it would be of great help!
Jasper, FUKA61 liked this
 #23624  by Jasper
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:25 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:03 pm
Great game. Slow start, but once it became clear what ETSU wanted to do on D we took advantage of it. They were extending and overplaying and we got some easy drives and cuts. Also that helped us with rebounding too.

Another classic win in Timmons
good observation. They were doubling the ball early on whenever an FU player began an offensive move to the basket. That leaves a man open. Good movement w/o the ball allowed us to find that man once we stopped trying to force a shot and looked instead for the pass. When we made the critical run to build a lead if was off a lot of open shots. Great job.
 #23625  by MNORM
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am
Jasper wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:25 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:03 pm
Great game. Slow start, but once it became clear what ETSU wanted to do on D we took advantage of it. They were extending and overplaying and we got some easy drives and cuts. Also that helped us with rebounding too.

Another classic win in Timmons
good observation. They were doubling the ball early on whenever an FU player began an offensive move to the basket. That leaves a man open. Good movement w/o the ball allowed us to find that man once we stopped trying to force a shot and looked instead for the pass. When we made the critical run to build a lead if was off a lot of open shots. Great job.
They were also face-guarding Lyons the entire night...leading to weak side back-cuts and wide open guys when they doubled-up (see Noah's terrific pass to Tre underneath for the dunk).
 #23629  by Bonner
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am
From the ETSU Message Board:
RE: Official Game Thread: @ Furman
Not sure why I keep torturing myself and going to away games at Furman. The arena, the atmosphere, the fans, the obnoxiously loud speakers. God i hate that place. We never play well there

That's all, just had to vent
fufanatic, QCGlue, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #23630  by Jasper
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:57 pm
Bonner wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am
From the ETSU Message Board:
RE: Official Game Thread: @ Furman
Not sure why I keep torturing myself and going to away games at Furman. The arena, the atmosphere, the fans, the obnoxiously loud speakers. God i hate that place. We never play well there

That's all, just had to vent
THANK YOU, MR. BONNER - you have made a lot of Furman fans very happy. We look forward to your next visit.
QCGlue, furpop16, Bonner liked this
 #23633  by tya1
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 pm
Early in the game it appeared that ETSU was giving Slawson and Clark some room in order to cover the other guys more tightly. I mentioned to the guy near me that Slawson needed to hit a few to stop that. After he knocked down a couple the ETSU defense had to loosen up.

I don't know why, but he appeared we had the clear edge in energy and effort and hustle. We won't lose many games if we can keep that going.

Before the game Joe Lunardi, who does the Bracketology for ESPN listed four games as ones that would put the winner into his next NCAA tournament prediction. Furman -ETSU was one of them. I think his next bracket comes out Tuesday. The last one had ETSU as a #12 seed playing #5 seed Florida State.
Fuonetime and 1 others liked this
 #23634  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 pm
Early in the game it appeared that ETSU was giving Slawson and Clark some room in order to cover the other guys more tightly. I mentioned to the guy near me that Slawson needed to hit a few to stop that. After he knocked down a couple the ETSU defense had to loosen up.

I don't know why, but he appeared we had the clear edge in energy and effort and hustle. We won't lose many games if we can keep that going.

Before the game Joe Lunardi, who does the Bracketology for ESPN listed four games as ones that would put the winner into his next NCAA tournament prediction. Furman -ETSU was one of them. I think his next bracket comes out Tuesday. The last one had ETSU as a #12 seed playing #5 seed Florida State.
Indeed he did, Ill be interested to see which seed he lists us at

#23635  by hypercycloid
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Tre Clark played the best game of his career. His defense, strong rebounding and keeping the ball live and his ability to get free for some key dunks made the difference in this game. Great hustle and desire.
Slawson played well also. If we can continue to get consistent production from those 2 it would be of great help!
Slawson was playing like he wanted that win more than all the ETSU players combined. Great effort at some critical moments from him.
HammerTKE liked this
 #23636  by youwouldno
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:01 pm
hypercycloid wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Slawson was playing like he wanted that win more than all the ETSU players combined. Great effort at some critical moments from him.

Slawson has struck me as the most intense Paladin on the court this year. Lyons is much more demonstrative, the whole team plays hard, but Slawson seems to have a bit of an extra edge out there. It gets him in trouble sometimes, but as Coach said after the game, the team that wants it more usually wins.
Fuonetime liked this
 #23639  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:21 pm
TGHT
QCGlue and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by AllTimeFU

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:20 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.