• UNCG @ Furman (Jan. 11)(BSWA)

#23631  by tya1
 Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:13 pm
UNCG showed a lot of heart in their loss to Wofford. They were without two starters - Galloway and Hunter- their second and third scorers, who have averaged almost 20 points and 10 rebounds a game combined. They were also missing two other players who are normally part of the Spartan rotation. Still, UNCG forced double overtime against a very hot shooting Terrier bunch that hit over 50% from the floor, which included over 45% from three point range. Galloway has only missed one game so I expect he may be back for our game.

We have a tough challenge.
 #23667  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm
UNCG had 4 players out @ Woffy with injury, wonder who might be back for them by this Saturday? They are good either way, remember like ETSU's win over LSU, UNCG has a pretty good OOC win at Georgetown, so they are fully capable on the road

They play ETSU in Greensboro on Wednesday, that will be an interesting result

#23710  by FU03times
 Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 pm
The athletics department just made a quality move sending an email from Geoff Beans on behalf of the department inviting young alumni to the doubleheader on Saturday. They are offering free tickets to young alumni (I believe'17-'19) to fill up the seats that would normally be filled by the students, along with a special offer for the game vs Wofford for those in attendance on Saturday. I just wanted to applaud the ticket office and Furman athletics on this excellent idea, since there are many young alumni still in Greenville, who will likely take advantage of free tickets to a basketball game downtown!
 #23713  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:58 pm
FU03times wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:06 pm
The athletics department just made a quality move sending an email from Geoff Beans on behalf of the department inviting young alumni to the doubleheader on Saturday. They are offering free tickets to young alumni (I believe'17-'19) to fill up the seats that would normally be filled by the students, along with a special offer for the game vs Wofford for those in attendance on Saturday. I just wanted to applaud the ticket office and Furman athletics on this excellent idea, since there are many young alumni still in Greenville, who will likely take advantage of free tickets to a basketball game downtown!

Nice move! We can and will do great things, it takes everybody :!:
FU03times liked this
 #23755  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm
UNCG's coach Wes Miller just did one of the dumbest things I think I have ever seen, his 2 technical's will cost his team the game vs. ETSU, what an idiot
 #23757  by CharlieFU
 Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:13 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:05 pm
UNCG's coach Wes Miller just did one of the dumbest things I think I have ever seen, his 2 technical's will cost his team the game vs. ETSU, what an idiot
I was only half way watching. Tie game at 57 and then BOOM. What was he mad about?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.