• Report Day

#2204  by apaladin
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Barely a month away, does anyone know the report day for players. I would guess it would be the first Sunday in August.?
 #2205  by PaladinDad
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:44 pm
Its this Sunday.
 #2206  by apaladin
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 pm
I was talking about for the start of preseason practice. This Sunday would definitely be an NCAA violation. :D
 #2212  by PaladinDad
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am
My mistake. I thought you were referring to the day they move back, etc. Defintely don't want the WCU people to think we are somehow cheating :lol:
FUBeAR, Paul C, Paladin82 and 1 others liked this
 #2446  by The Jackal
 Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:43 pm
Paul C wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:28 pm
Good read. Used to get stuff like this from the local paper but we all know how that's gone....Abe Hardesty to Scott Keeler we miss ya.

In all honesty, I have a hard time understanding why Chattanooga covers Furman better than Greenville does.

The recent Greenville news article was essentially a regurgitation of the press release from the SoCon. In all honesty, a middle schooler with no contacts with the Furman program could have written it. Why not just link to the press release and say "read this" instead of just restating it in the paper like you wrote an article?
Affirm liked this
 #2458  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 am
Someone mentioned this on another thread (I would attribute credit, but I forget who it was), but they highlighted what the collegiate weight program has done for a few of these guys.

Elijah McKoy is a good example. He is listed at 6'2 223. He was a CB in high school and was recruited to Furman as a safety. He was 6'1 195 as a senior in high school. As a college sophomore he's listed an inch taller and nearly 30 pounds heavier.
 #2571  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:40 pm
Online roster updated. Looks like mostly adds guys that are walk ons. A few numerical changes. Also have a kicker wearing #64, which might be a first.

Maybe they’d already shown this, but Reed Kroeber now listed as C. I believe that had already been discussed. I really like that move.
 #2572  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:42 am
The Jackal wrote:
Reed Kroeber now listed as C. I believe that had already been discussed. I really like that move.
Yes Jackal...you heard it here first...
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:52 pm
Also, Coach Hendrix said Reed moved to Center in the Spring in that recent interview. I was doing 2 other things when I watched that interview, but my sense was that this was more than a casual experiment and I would, therefore, expect to see #66 starting at Center next Fall.
 #2573  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:39 am
I don’t see any reason to move a guy that started every game to C if you didn’t intend on starting him.
 #2582  by Flagman
 Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:32 am
The Jackal wrote:
Online roster updated. Looks like mostly adds guys that are walk ons. A few numerical changes. Also have a kicker wearing #64, which might be a first.

Maybe they’d already shown this, but Reed Kroeber now listed as C. I believe that had already been discussed. I really like that move.
I noticed a lot of duplicate numbers on the roster. There's one instance of two players, both on defense, with the same number.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.