• "Weekends At The Well" (Dec. 14, Jan. 11, Feb. 22)

#21066  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:28 pm
Don't understand what is going on with the handling fees. I bought 2 concert tickets this week and they charged roughly 10 percent. BTW even face value $20 is too much, should be no more than $15. Now if we were playing Duke then $20 would be ok. I would like to say the "Well" is doing a good job promoting these games. I got an email from them about the single game tickets and if you go to their website the FU tickets pop up.
 #22293  by Jasper
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am
It looks to me that Furman is making every effort to make these "Well" games into a thing. If FU can draw decent crowds this season for the whole downtown basketball experience, it will go a long way toward being able to schedule some real "name" teams to come to Greenville. Based on my experience a few years ago with the NCAA tournament games, Greenville is a great place for a big time basketball event. Hotels, dining, transportation, etc. are all excellent. Glad to see Furman going all out to make this first game a memorable experience. I think the growing business community really needs something like this.
FUKA61 liked this
 #22397  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 am
Jasper wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:29 am
It looks to me that Furman is making every effort to make these "Well" games into a thing. If FU can draw decent crowds this season for the whole downtown basketball experience, it will go a long way toward being able to schedule some real "name" teams to come to Greenville. Based on my experience a few years ago with the NCAA tournament games, Greenville is a great place for a big time basketball event. Hotels, dining, transportation, etc. are all excellent. Glad to see Furman going all out to make this first game a memorable experience. I think the growing business community really needs something like this.
I thnk you are correct. They are making a good push and promoting it well, I only wish resrve price seating was cheaper. $20 IMHO is just too much for a basketball game especially since the target audience is not us die-hards. Ticketmaster is not helping with their ridiculous handling fees.
 #22400  by furpop16
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:16 am
Candidly I was getting spooked after Monday's dismal showing. The last thing we need is a big production featuring a flat product.

Tonight turned that around. No one's satisfied with a "moral victory", but ya gotta admit we're back on track.
apaladin, FUKA61 liked this
 #23076  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:39 pm
I've heard the Feb. 22 Wofford game is sold out. True dat?

Not true at all, that game is at the 'Well' which can hold at least 15k

They have not even put single game tickets on sale for that game yet and won't until January
 #23359  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:08 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 am
Wonder if we will see any students. I understand that housing, cafeteria etc open back up the day of the game and classes start on Monday the 13th.
Would be nice to see some there for sure, looking like its going to be an important game for both teams

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.