• 2020 commitments

#22806  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 pm
So I guess the question now is, would we still take Burnette since Leavy is just listed as a punter? I would think so. Like what I saw from Burnette's film.
Safe to assume he is a PWO?
 #22811  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:31 pm
So I guess the question now is, would we still take Burnette since Leavy is just listed as a punter? I would think so. Like what I saw from Burnette's film.
Safe to assume he is a PWO?

Reported an offer. Might be a partial scholarship offer? Not sure.
 #22860  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:44 am
Paul C wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:55 pm
I re-sorted in positional order

Also am updating with the Paul C "star" grading system that I just made up
* 1 star = good recruit...this is the lowest grade because we all know there is no such thing as a bad recruit
** 2 star = really good recruit
*** 3 star = OMG WOW I can't BELIEVE WE GOT HIM

Updated 12/10: Here is a summary of our 13 (8 D, 5 O) commits to date with other offers listed....

4 DB
2 LB
2DL
3 OL
1 WR
1 RB

**Kendall Thomas RB (5-8, 175) Round Rock, TX (AFA, Dartmouth, Princeton)
*Ambe Caldwell WR (6-1, 182) Atlanta, GA (So Ill, AFA, Columbia, Yale, Fordham)
***EJ Wilson OL (6-4, 290) Xenia, OH (Colo St, Akron, YSU, EKU, Ivies, AFA, Navy, Colgate)
***Dylan Davis OL (6-3, 260) Bradenton, FL (Illinois, Iowa St, Army, Cornell)
***Blake Hundley OL (6-4, 285) Clarksville, TN (Richmond, APSU, Kansas, Kentucky, Yale, South Carolina, UTM)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Seth Johnson DL (6-2 265 DL) Chattanooga, TN (Western Illinois, Lafayette, Columbia)
**Jeremiah Jackson DL (6-0, 250) Fleming Isl, FL (Chattanooga, Fordham, Colgate, Chas So, Ivies)
**Ty Youngblood LB (6-0, 210) Greeneville, TN (Army, Navy, AFA, ETSU, Richmond)
***Evan DiMaggio LB/TE (6-3, 225) Buford, GA (Colo St, Liberty, Central Fl, Akron, Coastal Car, UNCC, AFA, Cincy)
**Jack Rhodes DB/OLB (6-1, 188) Alpharetta, GA (Jax St, Ivies, Coastal Car, EKU)
*Caden Richards DB (6-1, 180) Gaffney SC (Mercer, Richmond)
**Micah Robinson CB (5-11, 160) Westlake, GA (Jax St, Wofford, So Ill, Tenn Tech, Tenn St, So Ill, APSU)
**Ivan Yates DB (5-11, 175) Roswell, GA (Air Force, Bucknell, Liberty, South Alabama, Austin Peay, TN Tech, Ivies)
I haven't done a deep dive, but it certainly seems like the lsat few years we are more commonly recruiting against the Academies and Ivies than we are most of the rest of the SoCon. Occasionally we seem to cross Wofford or Mercer for a recruit.

Just looking at what's reported on Twitter, it looks like our coaches are starting to follow kids from the 21' and future classes and are starting to hone in on PWOs.

I expect we'll have a solid group sign next week. I'm inclined to think there might be a surprise or two.
 #22906  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Evan Dimaggio and Buford won the Georgia 5A state title yesterday.

If you needed a commentary of the growth of Metro Atlanta, Buford has now won a state title in 5 different classifications and will move up to 6A next season. 20 years ago, Buford was a 1A school. Now they are moving to 6A.
AstroDin liked this
 #23023  by JohnW
 Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:37 pm
Lost one. Looks like Ambe Caldwell is going to sign with Miami of Ohio Wednesday.
 #23025  by Jasper
 Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:16 pm
JohnW wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:37 pm
Lost one. Looks like Ambe Caldwell is going to sign with Miami of Ohio Wednesday.
too bad. Only wide out in the group.
 #23026  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:33 pm
Must have been excited about those Tuesday and Wednesday night ESPNU contests! But in all seriousness, Miami Ohio is a very prestigious school and is an up-and-coming program in the MAC. To each their own, but I at least prefer to lose players to FBS schools than our fellow FCS foes.
 #23046  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:03 am
Will we sign anyone Wednesday? If so how many are expected to sign?
 #23049  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:03 am
Will we sign anyone Wednesday? If so how many are expected to sign?
pretty much all the commits....13-14
 #23652  by AstroDin
 Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:31 am
Found this on Twitter, an Atlanta based company that uses AI for predictive analytics & advanced performance data to discover talent.
https://twitter.com/RecruitAlytics1

All of the examples of the software that I saw posted were of FBS players except one.

Furman signee Ivan Yates gets a shout out as a DB for his very tight coverage on a pass break up.
Last edited by AstroDin on Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #23653  by The Jackal
 Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
It has been interesting to watch this coaching staff's almost laser-like focus on recruiting defensive backs.

I really like what Furman is doing here. You can build an excellent defense around physical defensive backs with good ball skills. Needing less help downfield, a defense can free up more defenders to attack the run.
 #23669  by AstroDin
 Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:09 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
It has been interesting to watch this coaching staff's almost laser-like focus on recruiting defensive backs.

I really like what Furman is doing here. You can build an excellent defense around physical defensive backs with good ball skills. Needing less help downfield, a defense can free up more defenders to attack the run.
DBs kinda fly under the radar in recruiting - we get wide-eyed about skill positions. To your point - we saw the emergence of Blackshear, Chizik, and Ryan last year… Brinson and Jones were redshirted and will compete. We now bring in Micah Robinson and Ivan Yates both longer, physical DBs as well as two more safeties that are definitely physical players.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.