• Playoffs Today

#22708  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:10 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 pm
Didn't realize 3 of the 4 quarterfinal games are Friday night. Inclement weather expected at all 3 sites Friday night. Weather not a factor at NDSU Saturday.
3 of 4 games on ESPN2 or ESPN. This is really good for FCS. Should get a few more eyeballs thanks to people wanting to watch football on a non-FBS weekend minus Army-Navy, gamblers, etc.
 #22805  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Weather for Friday night. Take with a grain of salt:
Bozeman, MT Cloudy 25 degrees
Ogden UT Snow 36 degrees
Harrisinburg, Va. Rain 37 degrees
 #22845  by FurmAlum
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:34 pm
APSU offense having a hard time. D is keeping them in the game. 10-3 M State at the half.
 #22846  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:41 pm
N. Iowa has shutdown the highly touted JMU offense but they have zero offense.
 #22847  by FurmAlum
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 pm
APSU having their a** handed to them now. Getting a lesson in smashmouth football.
 #22850  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:02 am
The remaining states represented are Virginia, Montana and Utah. Will probably be North Dakota later on today. The other areas of the country have to figure out how to compete.
 #22851  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:32 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 pm
APSU having their a** handed to them now. Getting a lesson in smashmouth football.
I mean, three games in a row and two cross country flights to play one of the nation's best teams in Montana will have an effect.

APSU had a heckuva season. We aren't going to fill our rosters with transfer players, though. We have to do it the old fashioned way.

Incidentally, the big NG that APSU couldn't block is a transfer from Washington. He's listed at 6'6 300.
 #22863  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:08 pm
Speaking of Playoffs, how many lame-a$$ excuses for getting beeeyatch-slapped, at Home, in the Playoffs, by the Big South runner-up, can the mini-pups Head Coach string together?

Conklin said. "We were really beat-up from playing Clemson and then had to go straight into the last three conference games, ending with Furman and The Citadel. I think that, collectively, took a toll on us. To make a legitimate run in the playoffs, you have to get one of those top seeds, I believe. Then we got matched up against an option team that had seen us play against the option for two weeks in a row. All that kind of hurt us.“

Quite a few! :roll:
fufanatic, Jasper, QCGlue liked this
 #22874  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:50 pm
Funny to see a bunch of empty seats in the endzones and top corners at NDSU, they can't even sellout anymore, looking like their fan base is slowly getting bored in FCS. Hopefully they find the money soon to upgrade the Fargo dome and go FBS.

Will be healthy overall for FCS to get rid of NDSU
 #22877  by gman
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:45 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Funny to see a bunch of empty seats in the endzones and top corners at NDSU, they can't even sellout anymore, looking like their fan base is slowly getting bored in FCS. Hopefully they find the money soon to upgrade the Fargo dome and go FBS.

Get rid of NDSU and JMU so the FCS will consist of all mediocre teams. I hope not, at least those two teams give a little credibility to the level of football.
 #22879  by Thorny
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:Funny to see a bunch of empty seats in the endzones and top corners at NDSU, they can't even sellout anymore, looking like their fan base is slowly getting bored in FCS. Hopefully they find the money soon to upgrade the Fargo dome and go FBS.

Given Furman can't consistently sell out half our stadium I think we shouldn't be worried about other schools, besides Wofford, ability to butts in seats.
 #22880  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:55 pm
gman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

Get rid of NDSU and JMU so the FCS will consist of all mediocre teams. I hope not, at least those two teams give a little credibility to the level of football.

It makes the FCS more of a joke to always see NDSU in the title game every year.

Reminds me of how little I think of DIII football with Mount Union going to all those title games every year, its bad for the division, overall parity will elevate the entire FCS and make things more fun again.
 #22881  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:57 pm
Thorny wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:Funny to see a bunch of empty seats in the endzones and top corners at NDSU, they can't even sellout anymore, looking like their fan base is slowly getting bored in FCS. Hopefully they find the money soon to upgrade the Fargo dome and go FBS.

Given Furman can't consistently sell out half our stadium I think we shouldn't be worried about other schools, besides Wofford, ability to butts in seats.

Was not even remotely close to being my point, not at all

I know FU attendance is pitiful, my point was that NDSU is hopefully getting bored in the FCS
 #22882  by Bootie
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:26 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:55 pm
gman wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

It makes the FCS more of a joke to always see NDSU in the title game every year.

Reminds me of how little I think of DIII football with Mount Union going to all those title games every year, its bad for the division, overall parity will elevate the entire FCS and make things more fun again.
Nothing lasts forever, they'll decline one day and wonder how to fill the empty seats.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.