• 2020 Schedule

#22772  by fufanatic
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 pm
That's a great schedule for them and similar to what I'm hoping for Furman next year. Six home games, 5 away. Pay day at Clemson, two winnable home non-conference games.

On a side note, I'm starting to think that CCH meant that we open SoCon play against Wofford and not that we open the season with them. I can't imagine Wofford starting the season with two SoCon games - at Furman and vs. Citadel. That would be insane.
 #22776  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:19 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:56 pm
That's a great schedule for them and similar to what I'm hoping for Furman next year. Six home games, 5 away. Pay day at Clemson, two winnable home non-conference games.

On a side note, I'm starting to think that CCH meant that we open SoCon play against Wofford and not that we open the season with them. I can't imagine Wofford starting the season with two SoCon games - at Furman and vs. Citadel. That would be insane.
The Citadel opened with back to back SoCon games in 2016. They had three straight SoCon games to open 2018.

I assume there are others.
 #22782  by Flagman
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:45 pm
Clay has confirmed that we open the season with Wofford.
 #22785  by Paul C
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm
OK, let's play this game....

Sept 5 - Wofford
Sept 12 - @ Charleston Southern
Sept 19 - @ Tennessee
Sept 26 -
Oct 3 -
Oct 10 -
Oct 17 -
Oct 24 - @ Citadel
Oct 31 -
Nov 7 -
Nov 14 -
Nov 21 -
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #22786  by FurmAlum
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:39 pm
I don't understand why any conference would have an opening game between two in-conference opponents? I would assume it has to do with accommodating multiple conference and non-conference teams and other interests???

If we have to do it, I like opening with Wofart. They will have a new QB. We now have some experience at that position. They are losing a lot of seniors. We aren't losing as many. Plus, psychologically it could work to our advantage. Now, it's PAYBACK TIME!

I'd like to see an FU victory about 35-0 with some chippiness during the game and some bad blood and complaining after the game (from them of course)
 #22788  by Flagman
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:03 pm
I’ve heard September 12 is @Charleston Southern.
 #22789  by fufanatic
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:13 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
I don't understand why any conference would have an opening game between two in-conference opponents? I would assume it has to do with accommodating multiple conference and non-conference teams and other interests???

If we have to do it, I like opening with Wofart. They will have a new QB. We now have some experience at that position. They are losing a lot of seniors. We aren't losing as many. Plus, psychologically it could work to our advantage. Now, it's PAYBACK TIME!

I'd like to see an FU victory about 35-0 with some chippiness during the game and some bad blood and complaining after the game (from them of course)
I agree with this. Use it as motivation all offseason and then make a statement as they work in new players into their system.
 #22793  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:56 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

The SoCon has to work around the money games. It happens.

The better question is why they let the leagues' marquee matchup play in week 1.
 #22794  by gman
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:53 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:56 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

The SoCon has to work around the money games. It happens.

The better question is why they let the leagues' marquee matchup play in week 1.
Maybe they are thinking the loser of the game still has the rest of the season to prove themselves worthy of a high seed in the playoffs. This could be a gamble to hopefully get 2 or 3 teams in.
 #22813  by MNORM
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:08 am
Paul C wrote:

Sept 5 - Wofford
Sept 19 - @ Tennessee
Sept 26 -
Oct 3 -
Oct 10 -
Oct 17 -
Oct 24 - @ Citadel
Oct 31 -
Nov 7 -
Nov 14 -
Nov 21 -
Have we secured the 3rd OOC opponent for next season, or is this still a WIP??
 #22814  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:21 am
MNORM wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:08 am
Paul C wrote:

Sept 5 - Wofford
Sept 19 - @ Tennessee
Sept 26 -
Oct 3 -
Oct 10 -
Oct 17 -
Oct 24 - @ Citadel
Oct 31 -
Nov 7 -
Nov 14 -
Nov 21 -
Have we secured the 3rd OOC opponent for next season, or is this still a WIP??
If we haven't by now look for another non D1 game. Most teams schedules are complete so hoping FU's is too. It has to be a hime game as we would only have 4 home games if not.
 #22816  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:03 pm
I’ve heard September 12 is @Charleston Southern.
PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE NOOOOOO!!!! Tell me ain't so. I was afraid of this. Playing in the worst D1 fcility in the country!! Maybe we could platy ar a Charleston high school, which would be much better or maybe a county rec. field. :( :(
 #22817  by fufanatic
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:33 am
I wonder when the last time we pulled a Citadel, and had more home games than away games?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.