• Billy Napier

#22686  by HiHiYikas
 Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:38 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:51 pm
It appears that this thread is no longer about Billy Napier.
Just go shampoo your hair. It appears Billy is missing a little something on his resume still, but I would be happy for him to move on to greener pastures sooner rather than later. If not he may eventually beat an App team.
 #22687  by HiHiYikas
 Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:43 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm
BN may get an offer from Boone, although that might be considered a lateral move.
Pretty sure that would be a pay decrease, and it would be as lateral a move as he could make. His name has not surfaced and I would be shocked if there is any interest from either party.
 #22688  by cavedweller2
 Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:24 pm
After APSU makes a deep run you guys should take a long look at Hudspeth. All he would have to do is cut the "P" out.
Davemeister liked this
 #22726  by HiHiYikas
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
After APSU makes a deep run you guys should take a long look at Hudspeth. All he would have to do is cut the "P" out.
Funny you say that, he would never go over with the App crowd. He whined about us joining the SB, then he whined about how hard it was to reach Boone from Lafayette. He burned bridges he never built.
Looks like we are going to go with Clark. The App natives have had their fill with short-termers and will frown upon anyone from outside the family this go round. Plus we have to salvage what we can with our recruiting efforts. Clark checks all the boxes.
Last edited by HiHiYikas on Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #22727  by HiHiYikas
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 pm
Now it looks like App AD headed to Cincinnati. The price of success. In football at least.
Feeling a little more comfortable suggesting we have dodged this bullet for now.
 #22729  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:00 pm
HiHiYikas wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Funny you say that, he would never go over with the App crowd. He whined about us joining the SB, then he whined about how hard it was to reach Boone from Lafayette. He burned bridges he never built.
Looks like we are going to go with Ivey. The App natives have had their fill with short-termers and will frown upon anyone from outside the family this go round. Plus we have to salvage what we can with our recruiting efforts. Ivey checks all the boxes.
Can't imagine it's any easier getting from Boone to Lafayette. :D
 #22732  by HiHiYikas
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:15 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Precisely, but naturally it's easier for hillbillies to navigate swamps than it is for cajun folk to traverse mountains. Legend is the Hudspeth led cajuns lost their equipment wagon and a prized team of oxen on their way through the Linville Gorge. They did not like; the weather, having to scavenge for food, sleeping in tents and losing (again) to a lessor opponent.

To his credit, BN has never complained about App or its location. I figure he wants out of that swamp and have no doubt that unlike his predacessor he will leave for a better gig.
fufanatic liked this
 #22733  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 pm
HiHiYikas wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:15 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Precisely, but naturally it's easier for hillbillies to navigate swamps than it is for cajun folk to traverse mountains. Legend is the Hudspeth led cajuns lost their equipment wagon and a prized team of oxen on their way through the Linville Gorge. They did not like; the weather, having to scavenge for food, sleeping in tents and losing (again) to a lessor opponent.

To his credit, BN has never complained about App or its location. I figure he wants out of that swamp and have no doubt that unlike his predacessor he will leave for a better gig.
Despite being very hard to get to, and me leaving incredibly unhappy the two times I went (2005 & 2006), Boone is beautiful and I would love to go back for a non-football adventure.
gman, AstroDin liked this
 #22759  by Davemeister
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:01 am
If you are looking for a culinary adventure, Lafayette wins hands down. It's only a short distance from the Tabasco plant. Try finding a crawfish plate half-and-half in Boone!
FUBeAR liked this
 #22769  by Stumpy
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Paul C wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Since he's an alum I put it in the FU football forum....looks like he's about to hit paydirt....Ole Miss, Arkansas and maybe even Florida State...

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... -to-leave/
"Napier makes $875,000 at Louisiana-Lafayette. " <--IMHO, he's already hit paydirt.
FUKA61, Paladin575, gofurman liked this
 #22777  by cavedweller2
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 pm
Hey Stumpy.
 #22801  by gofurman
 Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:08 pm
Stumpy wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Paul C wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Since he's an alum I put it in the FU football forum....looks like he's about to hit paydirt....Ole Miss, Arkansas and maybe even Florida State...

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... -to-leave/
"Napier makes $875,000 at Louisiana-Lafayette. " <--IMHO, he's already hit paydirt.
THIS. I don't know what world you all are living in but Napier is living a dream. Keepin' it REAL
 #22807  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 pm
Hey Stumpy.
were you genuflecting & averting your eyes when you typed that?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.