#22320  by Paul C
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Cam Donald DL from Woodmont committed to Kennesaw St
 #22417  by fufanatic
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:26 am
Paul C wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Cam Donald DL from Woodmont committed to Kennesaw St
Wonder if he was at the Wofford playoff game ...
 #22442  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:00 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Per his tweet, Fort Dorchester DL Brandon Johnson (6-2, 290) is committing on Friday (Dec 6th)

Has offers from Furman, Coastal Carolina, Florida Intl, Florida Atlantic, Navy, Citadel and Charleston Southern, Eastern Ky

This would be a great one to snag.
And he committed to Navy.
 #22455  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:05 pm
Did any of those that took their official visit on the Point weekend commit?
 #22463  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:05 pm
Did any of those that took their official visit on the Point weekend commit?
Not that’s been publicly announced
 #22468  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:28 am
Saturday morning and I'm drawing unfounded conclusions on Twitter. A few of our coaches have recently started following Joe Kane, an OL transferring from Virginia Tech.

Also a couple of recent follows for Calvin Turner, the QB of the now shuttered Jacksonville program. I suppose that the players at program that discontinues football can transfer anywhere. Looks like Turner has played on both sides of the ball, but led the Pioneer league in rushing in an option-based offense.
 #22470  by AstroDin
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 am
The coaches are hitting the road hard - and finding that balance of keeping all the early commits and get the class closed. We also have to remember they're dealing with 17-18 year-olds and their families. Anything can happen.
 #22471  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:16 am
The Jackal wrote:
Saturday morning and I'm drawing unfounded conclusions on Twitter. A few of our coaches have recently started following Joe Kane, an OL transferring from Virginia Tech.

Also a couple of recent follows for Calvin Turner, the QB of the now shuttered Jacksonville program. I suppose that the players at program that discontinues football can transfer anywhere. Looks like Turner has played on both sides of the ball, but led the Pioneer league in rushing in an option-based offense.
Saw Turner play against Mercer in 2018. Good athlete. Not a QB in FU’s O

https://www.espn.com/college-football/b ... =401030276
 #22472  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:25 am
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Looking at his passing numbers against a Pioneer league schedule, I'd agree with you.

However, he looks like he'd be a tailor-built running back for Furman's offense.
 #22474  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:23 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:25 am
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Looking at his passing numbers against a Pioneer league schedule, I'd agree with you.

However, he looks like he'd be a tailor-built running back for Furman's offense.
Could probably use him more & if he’s thinkin’ about next level, at Safety (he was an All PFL CB as a 180 lb Freshman - now 195 lbs.) - only has 1 year of eligibility remaining ... think I saw he was a Kinesiology major & won some Academic awards in HS...from GA...

Being in GA, having experience playing against them, having a PT major & masters & a Med School, I bet Mercer’s Coaches are all over him...

...oh, wait...
fufanatic liked this
 #22492  by fufanatic
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Lol they may have won the battle but we might win the war.
 #22497  by Paul C
 Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:40 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Lol they may have won the battle but we might win the war.
We had offered him out of HS
fufanatic liked this
 #22513  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 am
Most of the coaching staff also following Tyson Player, who looks like a DB out of Columbia.

Just made the connection (or at least I think it is a connection) that Player's older brother is Nasir Player, the standout defensive lineman for ETSU.
 #22514  by AstroDin
 Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 am
Most of the coaching staff also following Tyson Player, who looks like a DB out of Columbia.

Just made the connection (or at least I think it is a connection) that Player's older brother is Nasir Player, the standout defensive lineman for ETSU.
Player is all on every coaches tweets… We have two safeties committed - Richards and Rhodes, two big-time corners committed - Richardson and Yates. Those four are a helluva defensive backfield class. When we flipped Yates I thought that was the last spot for corners in the 2020 class. BUT, Player IMO would be worth a scholly, he did just pick up an offer from Kent State.

I'll go out on a limb here - concerning this class - and how it relates to an area that I'm guessing CCH wants improving quickly THE OL. I think you pencil in Jumper, Johanning, and Toomey next season - CCH has said many times that Johanning gives Furman speed and physicality, the coaches had planned to start Toomey but he tweaked an ankle against VaTech - leading to a redshirt. EJ Wilson arrives at 6-4 290 and Dylan Davis 6-4 260 both are ranked in the top 50 FCS commits - as is DiMaggio and Yates. Our amateur sleuthing tells us the DINS want a few more linemen, I could see Furman bringing in four linemen.

The keys to finishing this class and helping Furman bring more physicality and athleticism to the field - a couple of defensive ends and a few more wide receivers to go with Ambe Caldwell.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.