• FU @ Auburn - Dec. 5

#22358  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 pm
And Bruce Pearl looking like the biggest baby ever, worse than Mercer's Hoffman, getting calls all game and still complaining like it was not already rigged enough in favor of his team, total joke
hypercycloid, Riz Dawg liked this
 #22359  by hypercycloid
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 pm
How did they possibly say that pass wasn’t touched by Auburn? Even the announcers couldn’t believe it. We were the better team that game.
dornb liked this
 #22360  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 pm
I am so tired of these rigged money games in football and basketball, I know our programs need the money but I am so sick of these trash 'Power' programs getting gifted wins against us, makes being a sports fan very difficult
 #22362  by fufanatic
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm
That’s one of the more stunning calls I’ve ever seen. I’m so proud of our team, but I’m pissed right now.
 #22364  by FUwolfpacker
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:24 pm
I have no idea how they turned the ball over to Auburn on that second to last possession. They even went to the monitor where it should have been even more obvious. I'm not saying some of fouls on Furman weren't fouls, but they were pretty ticky tack. Definitely some missed calls on Auburn. 5th foul on Gurley was tough. 5th foul on Mounce seemed legit with the hook. Oh well...

Still proud of the team! Pretty good showing on national TV.
 #22367  by FurmAlum
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 pm
God Bless, I have never seen a more one sided reffed game ever. They called every ticky tack foul on us every time we breathed on them and then blew that last call.

I would like to invite Auburn and their crybaby coach Pearl up to the Well in Greenville, S. C. for a rematch. Think they would take us up on that offer? Hell no they're too chicken!!
QCGlue liked this
 #22369  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:28 pm
Reminds you of the call at VPI in football.
Reason I don't watch these trash power conferences in Football or Basketball anymore outside of Furman games, the corruption is real folks
 #22370  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 pm
God Bless, I have never seen a more one sided reffed game ever. They called every ticky tack foul on us every time we breathed on them and then blew that last call.

I would like to invite Auburn and their crybaby coach Pearl up to the Well in Greenville, S. C. for a rematch. Think they would take us up on that offer? Hell no they're too chicken!!

We would blow those little kitty cats the heck out in Gville, big time!
 #22371  by El Guapo
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 pm
You can’t get a fair shake in games like these unless it’s postseason so... let’s get into that NCAA tournament and make a statement that can’t be denied.
FurmAlum, furpop16, Riz Dawg and 4 others liked this
 #22373  by purplehorse
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 pm
Proud of the team. Most everybody contributed. Should help us down the road. I will take it as a moral victory.

Slawson 0-0 shooting and 1 rebound. I would start Bothwell. Slawson for whatever reason is underperforming right now.

May be the worst call I have ever seen. Why have replay if you are not going to get an OBVIOUS call correct.

Two missed late FT in regulation by two good FT shooters (Mounce and Gurley). Otherwise we win.

Foul trouble of course hurt. Mounce has got to be smarter on his 4th foul.

Great effort by Furman. Proud of the Dins.
 #22374  by Jasper
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 pm
Gutsy performance by Furman. Disgraceful performance by SEC refs all night.
A game we should have won. Gurley, Mounce, Hunter, Bothwell and especially Pugh played great games. They deserved better.
The stats will tell the tale in this game. Nuff said.
QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #22375  by tya1
 Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 pm
Proud of the effort tonight. A few tough calls went against us but that wasn't the deciding factor. We just didn't make the one or two plays on offense that we needed to make.

We need to play a little smarter on defense. We picked up a few unnecessary fouls by reaching that just weren't smart.

I hope this is a game that inspires Pugh. If he can play like this on a regular basis that would be huge for the season. We really need some scoring punch off the bench.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.