• Season Ending Thoughts

#22184  by DeepPurple
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm
I agree with FUBeAR. Sac St. better watch out for APSU. I would take the Govs and 13 points.
So weird. APSU lost to freakin ETSU. Just odd
Wofford lost to Samford.
Sometimes football does not make sense. Mercer and Samford were decent football teams early in the year before they caved.
 #22189  by cavedweller2
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 am
tim wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:51 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:09 am
At least we aint the dumpster fire that is the Columbia gamecocks.
Jake Bentley transferring...……..hmmmm?
No thanks.
QCGlue liked this
 #22194  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:27 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 pm
APSU is +13 and the money line is +350
If I have time to watch some SacSt video this week (which I doubt I will), I’ll give you the high sign to GO BIG, if I’m still feelin’ it for the ‘Nors. You know FUBeAR’s tips have financed a good 20’ - 30’ of that yacht you own!
FUBeAR liked this
 #22196  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am
DeepPurple wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:42 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm
I agree with FUBeAR. Sac St. better watch out for APSU. I would take the Govs and 13 points.
So weird. APSU lost to freakin ETSU. Just odd
Wofford lost to Samford.
Sometimes football does not make sense. Mercer and Samford were decent football teams early in the year before they caved.
I'd actually be a little more nervous right now if I was a Wofford fan. Unlike Furman, Wofford was a more veteran team, favored, playing at home, and was a strong matchup against their Big South opponent (especially having just played an option offense the week prior). They have now been bounced in consecutive seasons by the same team.
DeepPurple liked this
 #22221  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:32 pm
Affirm does care, and that is why Affirm spends so much time on this message board. Even though I care, or because I care, I am going to stop worrying about saying things that people don't like to read on UFFP /GoPaladins.com. I am stopping right now worrying about "walking on eggshells, stepping on toes" or otherwise say things that some people will take offense at. Notice has been hereby given.
 #22222  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm
affirm wrote:
Affirm does care, and that is why Affirm spends so much time on this message board. Even though I care, or because I care, I am going to stop worrying about saying things that people don't like to read on UFFP /GoPaladins.com. I am stopping right now worrying about "walking on eggshells, stepping on toes" or otherwise say things that some people will take offense at. Notice has been hereby given.
You've been walking on eggshells?
Bootie, fufanatic liked this
 #22224  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 pm
affirm wrote:
Go for it. Sometimes the truth hurts. Some can't handle the truth. :D
 #22229  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:49 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:

I think we can handle the truth. Don't pretend that your opinion is the truth, though.
Davemeister liked this
 #22232  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:20 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:49 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:

I think we can handle the truth. Don't pretend that your opinion is the truth, though.
If I think it is the truth, I will not be pretending; I will be just saying what I think.
 #22233  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
affirm wrote:
You are correct.
 #22234  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 pm
Paul C wrote:
affirm wrote:

Figuratively. A number of people on this message board are overly sensitive to certain things that get written, even to the extent that they attack the person who wrote it.
 #22236  by Bootie
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm
affirm wrote:
Paul C wrote:
affirm wrote:

Figuratively. A number of people on this message board are overly sensitive to certain things that get written, even to the extent that they attack the person who wrote it.
FWIW, pretty much the only restrictions here are that we not call out individual players, and that we be somewhat civil with each other. Everyone is free to post their opinions on this board, and with so many posters here, there are going to be some folks who disagree. So post away, knowing you're going to hear from others who think those ideas are foolish, as you might also think about their ideas. Sometimes it gets a little chippy (guilty) but let's all just try to remember to keep it civil and attack the idea, not the person. We're all pulling for the same team.

Even though some of you are morons :D
JK.
Sort of.
Ok, really kidding.
MNORM liked this
 #22260  by tya1
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Post your opinions, be ready to defend them with solid reasons, don't whine if someone disputes them, don't attack the people who don't buy them.

Simple rules.
Bootie liked this
 #22262  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:46 am
Bootie wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm
affirm wrote:
Paul C wrote:
affirm wrote:

FWIW, pretty much the only restrictions here are that we not call out individual players, and that we be somewhat civil with each other. Everyone is free to post their opinions on this board, and with so many posters here, there are going to be some folks who disagree. So post away, knowing you're going to hear from others who think those ideas are foolish, as you might also think about their ideas. Sometimes it gets a little chippy (guilty) but let's all just try to remember to keep it civil and attack the idea, not the person. We're all pulling for the same team.

Even though some of you are morons :D
JK.
Sort of.
Ok, really kidding.
EXACTLY. Thus my “general idiocy” rant. :D I overreacted. I definitely did. but I felt ‘justifiably’ personally attacked for the first time in a while as someone said “YOU embarrass me as a representative of Furman”. No one can say that was not 100% personal. Let’s all keep it to the ideas and not attack the person. “I disagree with your thought here...”

. I will work on this myself as I should !

By the way, I think there has been some of the best truly objective discussion here recently that I have seen in a while. I hope if we win a game or two early next year we don’t get too excited until we know what they are worth. That excludes Woff as I want to KILL KILL KILL (Arlo Guthrie anyone?) them. Lol. Still can’t believe we start with them but hey that woulda been good this year...

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.