• Furman @ South Florida (Dec. 2)

#22188  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:25 am
Thanks for the link to the to IUPUI's schedule...Perhaps I will provide one for you and tell me how Gardner-Webb is a horrible team....I mean that's a horrible team right? https://gwusports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
They are 2-5 with a 12 point loss to WCU and 2 wins against teams with losing records, I maintain my point that FU has not beaten a good team yet, in our 9 games so far we have not played 1 single team that currently has a winning record. Let's see how Thursday goes, I hope we win or at lest keep it competitive
 #22199  by soconjohn
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Dungeon Realm,
You'd have felt better if Furman had lost to Duke or Kentucky by 15 who couldn't even beat Stephen F. Austin or Evansville? It's the name on the jersey...gotcha.
 #22202  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Dungeon Realm,
You'd have felt better if Furman had lost to Duke or Kentucky by 15 who couldn't even beat Stephen F. Austin or Evansville? It's the name on the jersey...gotcha.
I don't follow

How does the Duke/Kentucky resume compare to the USF resume :?
 #22203  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 pm
I think John was implying that if we had beaten Duke earlier this year, you'd discount it by saying "they arent' good, they lost to SFA!"
 #22205  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 pm
I think John was implying that if we had beaten Duke earlier this year, you'd discount it by saying "they arent' good, they lost to SFA!"
Duke resume and Kentucky resume is not comparable to any of the 9 opponents we have played

The best win of our 9 opponents is UTA beating Rice, after that I can't find another winning team that our opponents have beaten all year so far (other than Bama and USF beating Furman)
 #22207  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 pm
To be clear I still think we can have a good year, just maybe not a great year (although I hope so)

I certainly hope we can keep our 20 win season streak going, that would be nice, and hopefully we are playing solid ball by March and who knows what can happen in the tourney

Next year maybe we can be great, if we get everybody back except Lyons and add the 4 new guys to the mix (2 red-shirts and 2 signings) we can be much deeper next season
 #22214  by soconjohn
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 pm
Exactly my point Paul...USF and Bama losses aren’t even in the same ballpark with Samford home loss last year....As us playing nobody that is any good...Dungeon, that means you are a good mid-major because no one that is actually good wants to take a chance at taking an “L”
MNORM liked this
 #22217  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Exactly my point Paul...USF and Bama losses aren’t even in the same ballpark with Samford home loss last year....As us playing nobody that is any good...Dungeon, that means you are a good mid-major because no one that is actually good wants to take a chance at taking an “L”
I still don't follow, your going down a road that I am not even on
 #22218  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:00 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
yes, we know
 #22226  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:13 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:00 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
yes, we know

Unless he cares to coordinate his story a bit better ill just chalk it up to a bunch of gibberish
 #22230  by Affirm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 pm
This is just repeating what was already stated on the football section, under "Season Ending Thoughts", because this applied also to men's basketball as well as to anything else I choose to address on the UFFP /GoPaladins.com:

Affirm does care, and that is why Affirm spends so much time on this message board. Even though I care, or because I care, I am going to stop worrying about saying things that people don't like to read on UFFP /GoPaladins.com. I am stopping right now worrying about "walking on eggshells, stepping on toes" or otherwise say things that some people will take offense at. Notice has been hereby given.
 #22239  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:19 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 pm
This is just repeating what was already stated on the football section, under "Season Ending Thoughts", because this applied also to men's basketball as well as to anything else I choose to address on the UFFP /GoPaladins.com:

Affirm does care, and that is why Affirm spends so much time on this message board. Even though I care, or because I care, I am going to stop worrying about saying things that people don't like to read on UFFP /GoPaladins.com. I am stopping right now worrying about "walking on eggshells, stepping on toes" or otherwise say things that some people will take offense at. Notice has been hereby given.
You’ve been walking on eggshells?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.