• FU @ Auburn - Dec. 5

#22133  by Affirm
 Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:04 pm
I'm afraid the answer is not very good. After we get blown out at Auburn, we have Upstate and NGU at home so 2 possible wins. Then a loss to Winthop at the Well. That will leave us 9-4 in the preseason I think. All the lofty projections of 23-25 wina for this team are a pipe dream. I think we finish with around 18 wins.
“Pipe dream”.
Last edited by Affirm on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #22136  by Paul C
 Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:36 pm
We easily beat Upstate and NGU. Winthrop also a likely W. Don’t be a “Paul C from 10 min ago” and think a few struggles means we are toast.

Before tonite KenPom projected 24-7. So maybe 23-8.
 #22137  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:38 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
I'm afraid the answer is not very good. After we get blown out at Auburn, we have Upstate and NGU at home so 2 possible wins. Then a loss to Winthop at the Well. That will leave us 9-4 in the preseason I think. All the lofty projections of 23-25 wina for this team are a pipe dream. I think we finish with around 18 wins.
“Pipe dream” seems like an accurate description for men’s basketball at this point. At least the Loyola game was fun.

If we can compete against Auburn and keep it to 14 or less, and win our next 3 at home against no so great competition I will at least think we are where I thought we might be at 10-3

Then ill hope the SoCon is way down and we can get some more W's and get hot in March, that's how I have to look at it I guess
 #22161  by CharlieFU
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:42 am
apaladin wrote:
I think you are wrong. Let’s hold on to this post and see how it compares. If this team doesn’t win 20+ games, there is something seriously wrong.
MNORM liked this
 #22162  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:15 am
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I think you are wrong. Let’s hold on to this post and see how it compares. If this team doesn’t win 20+ games, there is something seriously wrong.
I hope I am totally wrong. The inconsistency is really a concern. I am talking about individuals. Mounce is the only one that has played well in every game. It's not like we have 3-4 coming off the bench to take up the slack. Bothwell is the only one we can really count on off the bench. I was concerned when we found that none of the newcomers were going to be counted on. We were led to believe we had a couple that could provide depth. Not the case. Not signing any of the guys we were after in the spring created a problem we really didn't know about. We were hoping to minimize the loss of MR but it is really starting to show how much we miss him. We also miss JB's shooting. The 7 man rotation is ok but these 7 have to play well virtually every game. Still with that said you have to wonder if only playing 7 will hurt down the stretch. The SoCon has at least 2 maybe more very good teams. If you didn't see, UNCG won at Georgetown this weekend. I still have hope for this team but it will really depend if we can make shots(Captain Obvious).
 #22186  by fufanatic
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I hope I am totally wrong. The inconsistency is really a concern. I am talking about individuals. Mounce is the only one that has played well in every game. It's not like we have 3-4 coming off the bench to take up the slack. Bothwell is the only one we can really count on off the bench. I was concerned when we found that none of the newcomers were going to be counted on. We were led to believe we had a couple that could provide depth. Not the case. Not signing any of the guys we were after in the spring created a problem we really didn't know about. We were hoping to minimize the loss of MR but it is really starting to show how much we miss him. We also miss JB's shooting. The 7 man rotation is ok but these 7 have to play well virtually every game. Still with that said you have to wonder if only playing 7 will hurt down the stretch. The SoCon has at least 2 maybe more very good teams. If you didn't see, UNCG won at Georgetown this weekend. I still have hope for this team but it will really depend if we can make shots(Captain Obvious).
I feel like you should give yourself a couple hour cooldown period after any Furman loss, because this post is so much more reasonable than the original one right after the game. I'm concerned, but the talent is obviously there and I believe in the coach. We will win a lot of ball games (20+), but will have to seriously improve the consistency to have a shot in the SoCon Tourney, which is really the only thing that matters.
 #22241  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm
WCU takes down UTC tonight to maintain status in SoCon as a top 4 contender, everyone else in the SoCon outside of (UNCG, ETSU, FU and WCU) has 4 or more loses already

Looking to the tourney, that bodes well for ticket sales if it holds up. Even with a down Wofford team, a solid WCU team can have good support in Asheville
 #22247  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:22 pm
ESPN's BPI gives the Paladins an 18.5% chance. So we have a chance.
 #22249  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
ESPN had us at 55% to win at USF and we lost by 10
 #22276  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:52 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am
apaladin wrote:
CharlieFU wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I feel like you should give yourself a couple hour cooldown period after any Furman loss, because this post is so much more reasonable than the original one right after the game. I'm concerned, but the talent is obviously there and I believe in the coach. We will win a lot of ball games (20+), but will have to seriously improve the consistency to have a shot in the SoCon Tourney, which is really the only thing that matters.
Prolly a good idea fanatic. I will try to remember that Thursday night. :D
fufanatic liked this
 #22277  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm
apaladin wrote:
Up to a 19.2%. Only 10 games tomorrow night and this is the only one involving a top 20 team.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.