• Austin Peay GAMEDAY!

#21882  by MNORM
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm
I wonder if Bobby Lamb would be interested in coming back as a QB coach. We could use someone working on their development. I'd love to see him be a part of the program again...
I like BL, but there are a lot of younger, more innovative minds out there.
Not sure how "innovative" you need to be to be a successful QB coach. I'm definitely not interested in him being our OC. I'm just seeing a possible role for him to work with a talented group of QBs...footwork, progressions, field vision, decision making, etc.
 #21883  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Our offense is beyond pathetic...3rd and 10 and we delay off tackle...horrible. Please find a new OC in the off season - I mean, even Bobby Lamb would be an upgrade.
Somebody send out an emergency call to DREW CRONIC before he accepts the Mercer offer that will likely come.
Drew will do VERY WELL at Mercer if he gets the job. FU better pray that doesn't happen.
 #21884  by MNORM
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Little did I know that after our 63 yard TD on the 4th play of the Wofford game that that would be our last TD of the season. Won’t win many games when you cannot score TD’s.
I was at Paladin Stadium for three hours in the rain last Saturday and saw a bunch of TDs.
hypercycloid liked this
 #21885  by Paladin91
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:05 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:02 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:54 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:46 pm
I wonder if Bobby Lamb would be interested in coming back as a QB coach. We could use someone working on their development. I'd love to see him be a part of the program again...
I like BL, but there are a lot of younger, more innovative minds out there.
I think we need to get away from FU coaching lineage...we already did Lamb, Fowler, and now Hendrix. There are a lot of non-former FU QBs much younger that could do the job as well or better.
Not sure how "innovative" you need to be to be a successful QB coach. I'm definitely not interested in him being our OC. I'm just seeing a possible role for him to work with a talented group of QBs...footwork, progressions, field vision, decision making, etc.
 #21887  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:10 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm
My cup half full post....
We are an extremely young team. If today doesn't leave a bad taste in our returning players' mouths I don't know what will. This embarrassing performance should serve as motivation.
I thought the Woff game would accomplish that.. we need some leadership, team speed, tackling and some FIGHT
Paladin575, dornb liked this
 #21889  by gman
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:18 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:56 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 pm
Our offense is beyond pathetic...3rd and 10 and we delay off tackle...horrible. Please find a new OC in the off season - I mean, even Bobby Lamb would be an upgrade.
Somebody send out an emergency call to DREW CRONIC before he accepts the Mercer offer that will likely come.
Drew will do VERY WELL at Mercer if he gets the job. FU better pray that doesn't happen.
I really don't see a move to Mercer or any SoCon team as a promotion. Mercer is not it and SoCon football is a sinking ship. He needs to hold on for a better job, like the OC position at S Carolina.
 #21894  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:41 pm
IF Luke Shiflett is healthy I hope he gets a long hard look at QB. Maybe Jack Hardin needs a look? We need a lot of help at WR, TE, OL DL, DE, LB and DB's. Outside of that we should be in good shape heading into next year.
Paladin91, Davemeister liked this
 #21904  by MNORM
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 pm
dinsontop wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:54 pm
Defensive Coordinator has to go.
Going into today's game we were 5th in FCS in points allowed per game at just over 18. But you want to fire the DC?? Our offense could barely move the ball down the field against another halfway decent defense, leaving our D out on the field the entire afternoon. Our offense/special teams turned the ball over 3 times, leaving the D to defend in short-field situations with little to no rest.
Please elaborate on your justification for calling for the firing of our DC on this public forum.
Last edited by MNORM on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FurmanMom60, DeepPurple, Paladin575 and 1 others liked this
 #21915  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:51 pm
MNORM wrote:
purplehorse wrote:
Little did I know that after our 63 yard TD on the 4th play of the Wofford game that that would be our last TD of the season. Won’t win many games when you cannot score TD’s.
I was at Paladin Stadium for three hours in the rain last Saturday and saw a bunch of TDs.
POINT taken!

We discounted the TD’s against POINT in earlier posts. We scored a total of two TD’s against Citadel, Wofford and AP. I am sure even CCH and George Quarles would say that is embarrassing.
 #21935  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:58 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 pm
dinsontop wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:54 pm
Defensive Coordinator has to go.
Going into today's game we were 5th in FCS in points allowed per game at just over 18. But you want to fire the DC?? Our offense could barely move the ball down the field against another halfway decent defense, leaving our D out on the field the entire afternoon. Our offense/special teams turned the ball over 3 times, leaving the D to defend in short-field situations with little to no rest.
Please elaborate on your justification for calling for the firing of our DC on this public forum.
Any call for the ouster of the DC is myopic, wrong, and worthy of a sanction of public flogging.
FurmanMom60, FUKA61, MNORM liked this
 #21947  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:03 am
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:51 pm
MNORM wrote:
purplehorse wrote:
POINT taken!

We discounted the TD’s against POINT in earlier posts. We scored a total of two TD’s against Citadel, Wofford and AP. I am sure even CCH and George Quarles would say that is embarrassing.

Really hadn’t thought about that. 1 TD v Citadel. 1 TD v Woff. ZERO TDS today at AP. That’s scary

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by paladinfan41

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:02 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.