• WCU vs. Furman - via a WCU message board

#2183  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:56 am
Considering our (and my personal) history with the ‘fine’ fans of WCU, I found this thread on one of the 2 WCU message boards particularly interesting...and infuriating!

http://catamount.boards.net/thread/9085 ... games-2018 - 3rd post & next-to-last post, specifically.

If this shouldn’t be posted here, Mods, please move or delete. I’m not up to date on any possible edicts from Stumpy with regard to Linking to other message boards. I do know he is also no fan of the Cullowhee contingent.

For those that don’t want to click the link, I’ll share a Catamount fan’s comments about Furman’s Head Football Coach; a man many of us know personally as a friend; a dedicated family man of faith; a man that almost all, if not all, of us, would be thrilled to have Coach our sons...and some of us have even had that privilege & pleasure....

“I think it shows allot about the lack of character of their coach for stooping to that level to have your players fake injuries. What does that teach the young men at Furman about life? If you can't win, fake it and lie to get ahead is what they are learning. So sad that their athletes are associated with such a low life program. I don't know their coach but that should tell us all allot about how sorry of a person he is.”

“The worrisome thing is that you have lowlifes like Furman's coach that are leading young men. What are they learning from a person with this kind of lack of character? They are learning that it is OK to cheat in life to win and that the game should not be respected. It is like Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does". I would say in this case, "lowlife is as lowlife does". We only have this coaches actions to evaluate his character. How sad for the athletes of Furman's football team being coached by such a morally bankrupt loser.”

As the ‘owner’ of this WCU message board is such a...well, I won’t say...I have banned myself from posting there since 2014, I think it was. But, if anyone here cares to respond to this level of unrestrained & untrue vitriol; please have at it. I know it’s the wild, wooly world of interweb football message boards, but it just chaps my a$$ to see this kind of personal attack on Coach Hendrix stand anywhere without refute.

Clay - I hope you hang a hundred on those pussy-cats this year. I know you won’t because you have way too much class to ever do that...but I would.
FU69 liked this
 #2184  by The Jackal
 Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 am
I watched every play of that game. Let me tell you what I saw. I saw the visiting team physically whip the home team. This "injury faking" trope is just some loosely hinged fans' attempt to explain why their team got pummeled.

I cannot tell if it is a single small minority of fans repeating this nonsense or something more widespread. Furman was not accused of "faking" injuries against Samford, a team that moves at a faster pace than WCU. No, Furman is well prepared to handle teams that want to play at a quick pace.

The reality is the conditions in Cullowhee were miserable that day. Guys on both sides went down with injuries.

Besides, if your offense is so temperamental that something as common as a guy having a cramp or rolling an ankle completely derails it, maybe its time to go back to the drawing board.
FUBeAR, FU69 liked this
 #2185  by Jasper
 Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:56 am
Considering our (and my personal) history with the ‘fine’ fans of WCU, I found this thread on one of the 2 WCU message boards particularly interesting...and infuriating!

http://catamount.boards.net/thread/9085 ... games-2018 - 3rd post & next-to-last post, specifically.

If this shouldn’t be posted here, Mods, please move or delete. I’m not up to date on any possible edicts from Stumpy with regard to Linking to other message boards. I do know he is also no fan of the Cullowhee contingent.

For those that don’t want to click the link, I’ll share a Catamount fan’s comments about Furman’s Head Football Coach; a man many of us know personally as a friend; a dedicated family man of faith; a man that almost all, if not all, of us, would be thrilled to have Coach our sons...and some of us have even had that privilege & pleasure....

“I think it shows allot about the lack of character of their coach for stooping to that level to have your players fake injuries. What does that teach the young men at Furman about life? If you can't win, fake it and lie to get ahead is what they are learning. So sad that their athletes are associated with such a low life program. I don't know their coach but that should tell us all allot about how sorry of a person he is.”

“The worrisome thing is that you have lowlifes like Furman's coach that are leading young men. What are they learning from a person with this kind of lack of character? They are learning that it is OK to cheat in life to win and that the game should not be respected. It is like Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does". I would say in this case, "lowlife is as lowlife does". We only have this coaches actions to evaluate his character. How sad for the athletes of Furman's football team being coached by such a morally bankrupt loser.”

As the ‘owner’ of this WCU message board is such a...well, I won’t say...I have banned myself from posting there since 2014, I think it was. But, if anyone here cares to respond to this level of unrestrained & untrue vitriol; please have at it. I know it’s the wild, wooly world of interweb football message boards, but it just chaps my a$$ to see this kind of personal attack on Coach Hendrix stand anywhere without refute.

Clay - I hope you hang a hundred on those pussy-cats this year. I know you won’t because you have way too much class to ever do that...but I would.
I followed the link and read some posts on the WCU board. The spelling and grammatical errors are pathetic and suggest the posters are not worthy of dialogue. Arguing with that level of ignorance is generally fruitless and aggravating.
FUBeAR, furman88, FU69 liked this
 #2211  by tim
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 am
I've always had trouble with WCU fans and Davidson fans over the years, to the point of being approached simply for having Furman gear on. Never a problem with GSU, App, Woffy or even Marsha.
FUBeAR, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.