Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:11 pm
Tickets purchased and printed.
Hotel reservation made.
Bootie, gofurman, FUKA61 and 4 others liked this
 #21417  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 pm
That big DL will be interesting if we blindly run up the middle like we did with our two FCS losses. Hope coaches learned something there and are willing to open up the playbook a bit if the run game is not there between the tackles. I’m sure the coaches will bring the A game this week.
Watch the Mercer game if still on ESPN archive. them dudes was huge !@
 #21457  by fufanatic
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:43 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 am
Final regular season coaches poll is out:
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... aches-poll
So the top 19 teams in the coaches poll all made the field and then No. 24, No. 26, No. 27, No. 29 and No. 35, the last two being auto qualifiers. I think Southern Illinois has a minor gripe, but overall, the committee did pretty decent this year.
 #21458  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 am
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
So the top 19 teams in the coaches poll all made the field and then No. 24, No. 26, No. 27, No. 29 and No. 35, the last two being auto qualifiers. I think Southern Illinois has a minor gripe, but overall, the committee did pretty decent this year.

My takeaway from the field, if you want an at-large don't lose 5 or more games :D

Also SC St. never got any traction in this poll the entire season
fufanatic liked this
 #21463  by fufanatic
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:13 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:45 am
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

My takeaway from the field, if you want an at-large don't lose 5 or more games :D

Also SC St. never got any traction in this poll the entire season
I think it's safe to say that 4 losses in an 11-game season or 5 losses in a 12-game season put you very much on the bubble and hoping that it's a weak bubble year or that you have some really impressive wins ... and even that wasn't enough for SIU this year. The best point I read on AGS about them ... they lost to all four playoff teams they played, so why do we think the playoffs would be any different for them?
 #21465  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:55 pm
No umbrellas, and NO FLAGS. Dnag!
Maybe I can get the cheerleaders to wave it for me (if they're going).
 #21509  by FurmAlum
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:40 pm
I went down to APSU's Fortera Stadium this morning. The 160th Special Forces outfit from Ft. Campbell was having a flag football game (your tax $ at work), the gate was open, and I was able to go in. They completely renovated the stadium a few years ago (maybe after 2015 but I'm not sure). The visitors side was only a cosmetic reno but it looks decent. They say the stadium holds 8,000, but it looks to me 7,000 would completely fill that place up. It could be standing room only, but one of my APSU friends said maybe 6,000 because of Thanksgiving weekend and if it rains, who knows. The weather report so far doesn't look very good. It will be a great atmosphere if 7-8K show up. Unfortunately most of them would be rooting for the Govs. There is a pretty good alumni base in the Nashville area, so we might have a good turnout of fans. Nashville is also an important recruiting area for Furman, so I would expect a few assistant coaches might slip down there Fri. night to watch some HS playoff games. Ingle Martin is from Nashville, and his team (CPA) is still in the playoffs.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #21517  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:40 pm
The visitors side was only a cosmetic reno
AKA, lipstick on a pig
FurmAlum liked this
 #21523  by FurmAlum
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 pm
It may be lipstick on a pig, but when it's your pig, you're going to dress that thing up and make him look as good as possible.

Let's have some barbecue at the FU Tailgate.
FUBeAR liked this
 #21641  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 am
Can anyone get the AP game notes for our game? I can get them from letsgopeay but they are for the game vs Tennessee Tech in October ! Am I on the wrong link? This is what I get when I go to letsgopeay and I see tons of stuff about playoff and Furman but these are the game notes:

https://letsgopeay.com/documents/2019/10/23/G8_aTTU.pdf

Also the NG are 320+ and one was on the show "Last Chance U".... ? Other fact from the (again, TTU) game notes is they list temselves as a 4-2-5 with a nickelback instead of a LB ?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.