• Furman vs. Elon & UT Arlington (Nov. 26 & 27)

#21493  by furpop16
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:23 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:24 pm
Mid Major Madness Top 25

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/11 ... xico-state
As CollegeInsider.com doesn't include the Mountain West, A10, or CUSA schools, comparing apples to apples Furman rises to fifth in the MMM poll. More noteworthy, unlike CollegeInsider.com, MMM lists FU ahead of Bowling Green, Northern Iowa, & Liberty.
 #21503  by hypercycloid
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:57 am
Looks like we want get to watch either game unless you want to pay. The Elon game is on something called Flo Sports but it costs $12.95 a month but you can cancel at anytime. Sound like a racket, LOL. Looks like no TV at all for UTA.
I take it for granted that so many of our games are on ESPN3/+. I just assumed I'd be able to watch the Tuesday game, but I'm not signing up for whatever Flo Sports is. Turns out the SoCon does some things better than other conferences after all.
fufanatic liked this
 #21505  by fufanatic
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:46 am
hypercycloid wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:57 am
Looks like we want get to watch either game unless you want to pay. The Elon game is on something called Flo Sports but it costs $12.95 a month but you can cancel at anytime. Sound like a racket, LOL. Looks like no TV at all for UTA.
I take it for granted that so many of our games are on ESPN3/+. I just assumed I'd be able to watch the Tuesday game, but I'm not signing up for whatever Flo Sports is. Turns out the SoCon does some things better than other conferences after all.
I'm so confused at what the CAA is getting out of this deal. I can't imagine the subscription total makes up for not getting the same amount of eyeballs that ESPN3/+ would.
hypercycloid liked this
 #21537  by furpop16
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:49 pm
VegasInsider opened with FU by 14 and currently FU by 15. That feels excessive and I’m guessing it’s swayed by Elon’s current 4- game losing streak, even though their opponents included Michigan, No. Carolina, & Ga Tech. Their latest loss was a close one to Manhattan. I think setting the bar for FU at 15 on Elon’s turf is a bit much.
 #21540  by tya1
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:04 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:49 pm
VegasInsider opened with FU by 14 and currently FU by 15. That feels excessive and I’m guessing it’s swayed by Elon’s current 4- game losing streak, even though their opponents included Michigan, No. Carolina, & Ga Tech. Their latest loss was a close one to Manhattan. I think setting the bar for FU at 15 on Elon’s turf is a bit much.
The fact that Furman has recent record of beating the point spread when favored may have something to do with that.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.