• Final No Bowls Bracket out.

#21221  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:12 pm
I would LOVE that bracket.

A home game.

If you win virtually another home game. Wofford has beaten us 5 of the last 6 so 6 of last 7 is what it is. A victory would be that much sweeter.

James Madison would be much better than NDSU.

Time will tell.
 #21227  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 pm
KSU would be a tough draw based on their offense, which has given us trouble this year. Of course, it will give us another look at an offense similar to Wofford's.
Jackal, that’s my feeling. Not continuing w Woff thread. :D
... Just saying same emotion here for me. I know there are people that agree w us here.

One, it’s an offense we struggle with this year. It is. Our two FCS losses have come to teams that wanna run every play and be physical with you at point of attack. I see distinct similarities w KSU. Grated, KSU is a different option than Citadel I THINK (?) but similar at a very high level w run-first. Run-second. Be physical. Etc.

2) emotionally it’s dangerous. I would LOVE to beat KSU. Love it. Because they have a few trash talkers on AGS. And they embarrassed us in 2016 beating us w a second (?) year team or something. UGH. If we win KSU would rock. Shut up some on AGS . But if we lose Austin Peay doesn’t have the smack talkers on AGS. No history etc

IE Here’s best to worst scenario for me and a couple of others I PM with-
1-Beat KSU (plus it means we are defending run better!)
2-Beat Austin Peay

3-Lose to Austin Peay
4-Lose to KSU. Then they have 2016; and 2019.

If we get KSU camp out in Staggs yard !

Maybe there is another team but most I see say KSU or Austin Peay. Anyone see another possibility ?
 #21229  by The Jackal
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm
There will likely be three Southland teams in. We've hosted Southland schools a few times in the past.

I think a lot of it depends on whether Wofford is seeded. If not, we won't see them in the first or second rounds.
 #21231  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:53 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm
There will likely be three Southland teams in. We've hosted Southland schools a few times in the past.

I think a lot of it depends on whether Wofford is seeded. If not, we won't see them in the first or second rounds.
Ok so KSU. Austin Peay. Southland or maybe SC State if they are in. Does that look like all possibilities?
 #21251  by I-85 Paladin
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:34 am
I really did not realize how big that loss last week was. I thought we'd get in but looking around the web, I see a lot of brackets with no Furman. In any case, I don't care how we get in, just get in so we can prove it. I will say KSU is a lot like the teams that gave us fits this season but you play who you play.
 #21252  by Bootie
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 am
I'm certainly hoping we get in, but preparing myself for being left out. Dang it's getting scary.

#LeftTooMuchDoubt
Jasper liked this
 #21253  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:58 am
I'm really nervous now. Yahoo Sports also has us out. AT Hero Sports, one guy has us in and one has us out. Hard to believe that at least 2 teams ranked 5 and 8 spots below us lose and still get in over us. We better have made a strong bid to host. Would also be hard to believe that the #9 team ranked by the playoff committee would drop all the way out with one loss to another top 20 and probable top 8 seed. Would also be hard to believe they would take the #2 Bog South over the #2 Southern. You have to wonder if these sites that suddenly have us out have some inside info. They all had us in this week until today. I'm even more nervous now, LOL.
 #21256  by FUBeAR
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:14 am
If FU had beaten Wofford, FU, most likely, would have been a Top #4 seed. Instead, lost to a most likely Top #8 seed.

Illinois State was in same position & lost (badly) to an unranked team that will not make the Playoffs.

No way Illinois State gets left out of Playoffs & no way should Furman be.
 #21259  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:45 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:14 am
If FU had beaten Wofford, FU, most likely, would have been a Top #4 seed. Instead, lost to a most likely Top #8 seed.

Illinois State was in same position & lost (badly) to an unranked team that will not make the Playoffs.

No way Illinois State gets left out of Playoffs & no way should Furman be.
Pundits give SIU a lot of credit for hanging with NDSU, but seem to not consider that Furman lost by 7 to a team that will likely play for the ACC title
 #21261  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 am
And another thing. I know the committee supposedly doesn’t look at conferences when selecting at-large selections, but Furman not getting in would speak volumes to the lack of respect the SoCon gets and it’s place in FCS football.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.