• 2020 Offers

#21029  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 pm
Well at least Sunday will be nice. CCH indicated the team would get together to watch the selection show. I assume the recruits will watch with the team? They can keep recruits 48 hours but CCH they usually don't keep them that long.
 #21030  by apaladin
 Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Brian McLaughlin just released the FCS national recruiting rankings.

Furman is ranked #7. Ranked ahead of Furman? Four Ivies, JMU and NDSU.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... s-nov-ajaj
5 Ivies in the top 11 is a surprise to me. No Wofford, Citadel. Only 2 others from the SoCon Mercer at #18 and Sammy at #22. Mercer may lose some if CBL leaves.
 #21034  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:01 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Brian McLaughlin just released the FCS national recruiting rankings.

Furman is ranked #7. Ranked ahead of Furman? Four Ivies, JMU and NDSU.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... s-nov-ajaj
5 Ivies in the top 11 is a surprise to me. No Wofford, Citadel. Only 2 others from the SoCon Mercer at #18 and Sammy at #22. Mercer may lose some if CBL leaves.
The ivies always do well. The teams are good too. . Harvard has as many NFL players as NDSU (or did recently) Bc they offer so many connections for real world. Think about it. If you have no NFL shot or aspirations a Harvard degree or X State university? That’s what they sell. Granted (lesser but similar for us) they may lose guys to academics but within the pool of recruits they have a BIG sell point. Harvard degree is worth a mint.

Historically Woff and Citadel never rate well as option guys aren’t viewed as highly. But of course Woff is moving towards more what we do so the ratings become more relevant for them
 #21040  by AstroDin
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:15 am
CCH mentioned the 48 hours that they have a recruit on an official weekend.

Related to the coaches show - I thought it was very smart how Dan Scott handled this week's show and the convo around recruiting IMO was very interesting and more important than continuing to dig into a loss that I'm sure the team and coaches have relived like Groundhog Day. Plus I love recruiting.

It was mentioned the recruits will go to a BB game, as well as gather to watch the selection show on Sunday. I stated earlier they're trying some new things this weekend.

I've noticed Kendall Thomas will be coming in from Texas for his official. It's critical that Furman keeps the ten recruits already committed as well as finishes strong.

The 2016 class - Fowler's last class was ranked #19 (Morehead/Gordon)
The 2017 class was ranked #39 (top-rated recruit London Lewis, who else was in that class? Atkins, Hope, McKoy, Clay, Kearse, Neely, and Wynn) This class was vastly underrated.
The 2018 class was ranked #44 (top-rated recruit Hamp Sisson, who else was in that class? Grainger, Abrams, Watkins, Miller, Bell, Gilby, Blackshear, Trapp, Wilkins, Hodge, Coleman, Tomlin) Another under-rated class.
The 2019 class was ranked #16 (top-rated recruit Evan Jumper. BTW… Anderson and Chizik were not rated by Hero)
Early ranking for 2020 #7

A take CCH and Staff have done an amazing job with player evaluations getting players that have flown under the radar. As well as consistently raising the bar by competing against the Ivies, and group of five schools, academies, and the CAA. The other big deal - we're beating SoCon schools consistently.

I doubt Furman can move into the top five for 2020 but we will see - FuBear mentioned this as CCH continues to build his team Furman will put a tough to beat team on the field.
 #21042  by Jasper
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:52 am
There is no question but that CCH and staff are doing an excellent job in recruiting.
FUKA61 liked this
 #21043  by AstroDin
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:32 am
I don't think I'm making this up - CCH mentioned on his show that we need more speed at defensive end. We have one horse in the stable that's getting a redshirt "Jack Barton," I'd expect another DE in this class.
 #21051  by FUwolfpacker
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:12 pm
AstroDin wrote:
I don't think I'm making this up - CCH mentioned on his show that we need more speed at defensive end. We have one horse in the stable that's getting a redshirt "Jack Barton," I'd expect another DE in this class.

Jeremiah Jackson? Or does he project inside?
 #21052  by JohnW
 Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:05 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:12 pm
AstroDin wrote:

Jeremiah Jackson? Or does he project inside?
First thought when he committed was inside, but after watching his tape I think he's a DE. Reminds me of Chris Washington who ended up outside so I guess that's also a possibility.

We definitely need 1 or even 2 DEs in this class. Roster shows 2 scholarship guys with one being a senior and the other a freshman. Couple of others with offers are Elijah Sanders (6-3 230) and Zach Johnson (6-4 235). I believe Furman also has/had an interest in Cam Donald (6-1 255) from Woodmont. Never saw an offer, but some coaches seemed happy when he de-committed from Navy.
 #22044  by JohnW
 Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 pm
Per his tweet Blake Hundley, 6-4 285 OL, from Clarksville, TN has an offer.
 #22198  by Paul C
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Per his tweet, Fort Dorchester DL Brandon Johnson (6-2, 290) is committing on Friday (Dec 6th)

Has offers from Furman, Coastal Carolina, Florida Intl, Florida Atlantic, Navy, Citadel and Charleston Southern, Eastern Ky

This would be a great one to snag.
FUKA61, fufanatic, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #22231  by JohnW
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 pm
Per his tweet Tyler McCarthy, 6-5 225 TE, from Hoggard HS, NC has an offer for football and lax.
 #22257  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 pm
The coaches are out on the recruiting trail, so we may see more information filter through. I believe early signing day is December 18.

Actually, as much as I wish we were still playing, December 1 kicks off the last contact period before a long dead period over the holidays until mid-January. So, it is nice to have the coaching staff on the road at least.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.