• #7 Furman @ #20 Wofford (Nov. 16)(SoCon Championship Game)

#20482  by FUBeAR
 Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:04 pm
The FUBeAR pick is in...

Champions of Valor, Courage, Honor, and ALL that is Right in this world - 42
Butt-sniffing, genital-licking, poop-eating, flea-ridden, incessantly-yapping ratpups - 20
Chuckles, furman88 and 1 others liked this
 #20484  by apaladin
 Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:01 pm
This was probably mentioned before and if so I apologize (and may not be correct as our two-deep is sketchy at times) but I noticed they have McKoy as starter LB. FUBeAR and others aptly noted Woff is more speed and Citadel more brute force - also McKoy has several games vs the plays of Woff in his tenure. Wonder if he is the starter v Woff for more speed as Gilby is bigger but McKoy maybe faster?
Good point. Pretty sure that McKoy started last week also and I noticed that Gilby did not play much last week.
 #20706  by Bootie
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:43 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:01 pm
Bootie wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:42 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:28 pm
If you are a casual fan with a family of 4 for example then $40 more could certainly make a huge difference in you deciding to do other things, again our extreme lack of successful attendance figures would support my claim that the product is overpriced and hindering our ability to bring in more than just the usual FU supporters, same deal with Wofford's ticket prices, bottom line SoCon football should be a better bargain if it wants to attract more fan support
Just because attendance figures are lower than previous years, that does not necessarily support any specific claim as to the reason why without any data to back it up. It MIGHT be ticket prices, but without data being able to support that claim or to rule out other possibilities, it's just speculation at this point.

Not speculation, I know actual human beings that are not coming because SoCon football at nearly $30 a pop is over priced, can't get any more specific data than that, if FU/Wofford/ect. lowered tickets prices more people would show up during the course of the season

And yes of course the weather needs to be nice and we need to keep winning, all of these things matter
Have to revisit this ticket price thing again...

I'm not saying there aren't SOME people that choose not to come because of a higher price, I'm just saying I don't think that number is significant enough to drop the price. My guess is likely no more than 100, maybe 200 fans choose to stay home due to the extra cost. But let's be extremely generous and say it's 1,000.

5,000 fans paying $25 per ticket is $125,000.
6,000 fans paying $15 per ticket is $90,000.

By dropping the ticket price to $15 per ticket, you'd have to pickup an additional 3,300 fans to get to $125,000. No way that many people are staying home because of the cost.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #20708  by gman
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 am
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
If you are a casual fan with a family of 4 for example then $40 more could certainly make a huge difference in you deciding to do other things, again our extreme lack of successful attendance figures would support my claim that the product is overpriced and hindering our ability to bring in more than just the usual FU supporters, same deal with Wofford's ticket prices, bottom line SoCon football should be a better bargain if it wants to attract more fan support
Just because attendance figures are lower than previous years, that does not necessarily support any specific claim as to the reason why without any data to back it up. It MIGHT be ticket prices, but without data being able to support that claim or to rule out other possibilities, it's just speculation at this point.

Not speculation, I know actual human beings that are not coming because SoCon football at nearly $30 a pop is over priced, can't get any more specific data than that, if FU/Wofford/ect. lowered tickets prices more people would show up during the course of the season

And yes of course the weather needs to be nice and we need to keep winning, all of these things matter

I'm not saying there aren't SOME people that choose not to come because of a higher price, I'm just saying I don't think that number is significant enough to drop the price. My guess is likely no more than 100, maybe 200 fans choose to stay home due to the extra cost. But let's be extremely generous and say it's 1,000.

By dropping the ticket price to $15 per ticket, you'd have to pickup an additional 3,300 fans to get to $125,000. No way that many people are staying home because of the cost.
With that logic, the answer seems to be to raise the ticket price to $50.00. Drawing 3,000 fans paying $50 per ticket is $150,000.
 #20710  by Bootie
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 am
gman wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 am
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

With that logic, the answer seems to be to raise the ticket price to $50.00. Drawing 3,000 fans paying $50 per ticket is $150,000.
Indeed, there is definitely a balance as to what the optimum price/attendance ratio is. Also to be weighed are concession sales and the gameday experience. That's economics, and people who know more about the subject than I do are often employed to use market research and statistics to come up with the optimum ratio for things such as this.

At $50 per ticket, I'd stay home. Clemson, however, can charge that and still fill the place up.
 #20718  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:27 am
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Bootie wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

Not if you only drop the ticket price on the visiting side stands ;)

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.