• Paying for Water....

#19754  by GOAT
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:49 am
Trying to get my expectations right. Do we still have a white horse? Does Woodwinds still exist? Can I still get a burger at Gimbo's ( I think that was the name of restaurant at the top of the hill on the side entrance to Furman).
 #19755  by The Jackal
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:04 am
At worst, Furman is developing two QBs we may well need in the future. I've got no issue with that.

Just look around the conference (not to mention the FCS), there are plenty of teams that will need two QBs ready to go every season. I think there are at least four SoCon teams (Samford, Mercer, WCU, and ETSU) that have leaned heavily on QBs that were not expected to be their starters.

It wasn't but a few years ago that Furman heavily relied on two QBs - Hannon and Blazejowski - to lead the team through parts of what may have been 3 or 4 seasons.

The good news for Furman is that if we need to go to a different guy, there really isn't a drop off. Every team can't say that.
 #19757  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:14 am
GOAT wrote:
Trying to get my expectations right. Do we still have a white horse? Does Woodwinds still exist? Can I still get a burger at Gimbo's ( I think that was the name of restaurant at the top of the hill on the side entrance to Furman).
Woodwinds is still there. It is becoming a retirement community for old UFFP'ers. A poor mans Woodlands.

Gimbos is no longer there. Pete's on Poinsett is still there. The Rainbow is closed.
QCGlue, sluggo liked this
 #19759  by Flagman
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:17 am
We still have a horse, but it's not white. The Paladin riding it is cool as it leads the team onto the field; the best entrance in college football. Beats the "hill", hands down.
Paladin575, QCGlue, AstroDin liked this
 #19762  by gman84
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:37 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
GOAT wrote:
Woodwinds is still there. It is becoming a retirement community for old UFFP'ers. A poor mans Woodlands.

Gimbos is no longer there. Pete's on Poinsett is still there. The Rainbow is closed.
Let us not forget, The Stump, Lowes occupies that hallowed ground.
QCGlue, AstroDin liked this
 #19763  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:40 am
The Peddler is still there and the Pizza Hut is now an Italian restaurant.
 #19764  by Mr. Taggart
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:57 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
GOAT wrote:

The Rainbow was a tragic loss. I sure would love one more chili cheese with half and half.
 #19766  by FurmAlum
 Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:13 am
When I first saw the Cheeburger, Cheeburger, no coke, pepsi Sat. Night Live skit back in the day with Bill Murray, John Belushi, and Dan Ackroyd I thought they must have been to the Rainbow!!
Mr. Taggart, AstroDin liked this
 #19972  by sluggo
 Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:54 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
GOAT wrote:

I still have dreams where I'm at Pete's eating a Jumbo Chill Cheese Half&Half.
Life is great! :D
FUBeAR liked this
 #19973  by sluggo
 Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:59 pm
Mr. Taggart wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:57 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
GOAT wrote:

The Rainbow was a tragic loss. I sure would love one more chili cheese with half and half.
Oops. Maybe I've got it wrong; because I thought I got that order at Pete's or was it both?
 #19980  by Flagman
 Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 pm
Prolly both; but it was a 'bow staple.
 #19993  by Buddy Cucharas
 Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:05 am
Two quick points following on the above posts:

1-I don't use my real name when I post. I'm using my neighbor's. He is a violent man. So, if I post something that makes you angry, come visit me and explain all about it.

2-I love to criticize student-athlete's. I mean I LOVE it! I hasten to add a warning though. If you should choose to criticize them too, don't do it to their faces. Some of them are really quick and strong. Ornery. In fact, whenever I criticize anyone, I walk a mile in their shoes. That way if they get mad I'm a mile away, and I have their shoes.

2A-Okay, I don't really love criticizing student-athletes. I thought that would be funny for everyone to hate me for a second. Criticizing is for those prone to criticism. Critiques. Here's a fun one - Google "Critical Theory". If you THOUGHT you knew what it was, you're probably wrong. No, it really is a thing, and its really taught in colleges all across America. Karl Marx lives on, I guess.

3-The Schweddy Ball Company no longer manufactures footballs. Just the edibles.
AstroDin liked this
 #19998  by Jasper
 Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 am
Buddy Cucharas wrote:
Two quick points following on the above posts:

1-I don't use my real name when I post. I'm using my neighbor's. He is a violent man. So, if I post something that makes you angry, come visit me and explain all about it.

2-I love to criticize student-athlete's. I mean I LOVE it! I hasten to add a warning though. If you should choose to criticize them too, don't do it to their faces. Some of them are really quick and strong. Ornery. In fact, whenever I criticize anyone, I walk a mile in their shoes. That way if they get mad I'm a mile away, and I have their shoes.

2A-Okay, I don't really love criticizing student-athletes. I thought that would be funny for everyone to hate me for a second. Criticizing is for those prone to criticism. Critiques. Here's a fun one - Google "Critical Theory". If you THOUGHT you knew what it was, you're probably wrong. No, it really is a thing, and its really taught in colleges all across America. Karl Marx lives on, I guess.

3-The Schweddy Ball Company no longer manufactures footballs. Just the edibles.

That's s shame about Schweddy. Another great American company bites the dust, huh? Some great advice in this post, "Buddy". Thank you for that service. You might think about a newspaper column
 #20030  by fufanatic
 Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:47 pm
Buddy Cucharas wrote:
In fact, whenever I criticize anyone, I walk a mile in their shoes. That way if they get mad I'm a mile away, and I have their shoes.
Probably the funniest thing I’ve read on here. This had me rolling.
Horse liked this
 #20145  by GOAT
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 am
Okay, I know you want to hear my thought after not being at a home football game for 36 years. First the school. Many upgrades since 1984. The student union (I know not called that) really nice. Food court and restaurant on the lake are major improvements. Apartments on campus really nice. Plyer Hall top notch. Freshman girls now live in the old boys dorms. They left the urinals' in the now women's bathrooms. That did not go over well with mom. The Chapel is beautiful. Daughter and Mom really enjoyed talking to actual professors about there department.

Football. Our team is good and may be really good. Crowd much larger than I expected. (Had low expectation). The Paladin on the horse is still strong .
Woodwinds should be bought by Furman and torn down. I am sure Furman could use that land for something.
I got a Furman sweatshirt at the book store. I look forward to wearing it.

Overall great trip and I think our football program is headed in the right direction.

I started this thread by talking about two things that I do not understand. I was reminded of a third on Sunday night. What is the deal with people sitting in a grocery store drinking beer. Is that going on where you live? I do not get it. Enough. Go Furman
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.