• Postgame VMI Thoughts

#20073  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:39 am
Because I'm thinking about it.

Chizik with the interception. Again, at least 3 CBs on the field.

Weem's forced fumble/Blackshear return. On this play, we have 4 CBs on the field (Chizik, Weems, Kearse, and Blackshear). Dae'one Wilkins playing MLB.

These are not novel defensive football concepts, but you don't see many FCS teams running them. There is usually just aren't enough bodies/depth on an FCS team to play 4 CBs at one time.
 #20092  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:30 am
Don't think it has been mentioned but Udinski had thrown only one interception all year and the FU D picked him off twice.
AP. Great point. Great win! Keep moving through SoCon at 6-1 !

I haven’t watched it all as I was on road but I guessed 40-20. Underestimated us. LOL. Great job O but I stick w Jackal that really our D is shining despite giving up 20. VMI hung 40+ on Citadel etc. they score. They aren’t a v good D team but they can score a LOT.

Way to shut them out in second half !!! (granted this gets easier once they get behind by 20+ because as others have noted we have a good pass D and once we know they are throwing it’s easier playing a one dimensional O). But hey credit to getting teams to play from behind !

GREAT WIN - puts us in playoffs. Way to keep winning.

Be interested w Sisson if teams keep stacking the box. I too had not noticed how much VMI was stackin Vs our run game n box. As I said, I haven’t watched it all yet.

—-
As always we aren’t as good as we think we are when we win. And we aren’t as bad as we think we are when lose.

Go Paladins !!! Please beat them Wofford dudes I suspect this will be very very tough
 #20110  by ccoates
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm
Great performances on both sides of the ball/

I was intrigued by CCH's decision to insert Grainger midway thru the 3d quarter. The game was in hand, but not really out-of--hand. Still time to make a few plays rather than sit on the ball. You've got a talented kid who has sort of hit a wall and needs a confidence boost A perfect time to give him a chance to make some plays in a game situation, without an inordinate amount of pressure. Keep the ball moving; don't turn it over; make a few plays.

It goes without saying that he played well. His throws were on target and catchable and he moved the offense.

Good comeback by DG, and shrewd move by CCH.
FUBeAR, Paladin575, FUKA61 and 5 others liked this
 #20123  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Shoutout to Adrian Hope. Had a slow start to the year, especially compared to last year, but has 4 of his team-leading 5.5 sacks in the last 3 games and is third in school history with 20.5. Reminder: He’s only a sophomore.
FUKA61, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #20124  by FUBeAR
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 pm
apaladin wrote:
Don't think it has been mentioned but Udinski had thrown only one interception all year and the FU D picked him off twice.
Disappointing.

FUBeAR projected 3 Paladin INT’s of Mr. Udinski. The boyz in purple owe me one. I’ll accept an extra pick against woofy this week & call it even.
apaladin, dornb, Mr. Taggart liked this
 #20141  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Disappointing.

FUBeAR projected 3 Paladin INT’s of Mr. Udinski. The boyz in purple owe me one. I’ll accept an extra pick against woofy this week & call it even.
You don't want to use them up, but I am doubtful on the Pups throwing very many forward passes this week.
 #20142  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 am
Mr. Taggart wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Disappointing.

You don't want to use them up, but I am doubtful on the Pups throwing very many forward passes this week.
They throw more than they used to.
 #20173  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:21 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 am
Mr. Taggart wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Disappointing.

They throw more than they used to.
They do, but that is a low hurdle to cross.
 #20175  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm
WC averages about 12 attempts per game or about 3-4 times what they used to do. They are completing over 55%. They can hurt you deep also. Makes their running game better.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.