• Paying for Water....

#19675  by GOAT
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 am
There are two things that have happened during my life time (58 Years) that have shocked me. One is that people will pay for water that is free. When this started, I thought it was crazy and this was a terrible business model. Boy was I wrong. Two is that grown men under a fake name will go on a message board and criticize a student athlete who is not playing well. I can not understand why people do that but they do it all the time. ( not that often on this board but it happened on Saturday)

On a separate note I will be in the house on Saturday. The first time I have been to home Furman football game since 1983. I am looking forward to it. Leaving my house at 5:45 am with my wife and daughter. I have always thought sitting on the home side and looking up at Paris Mountain in the fall may be the best view from any stadium.

Tommy Doughton
cfbfan82, Paladin575, gman84 and 14 others liked this
 #19699  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
GOAT wrote:
There are two things that have happened during my life time (58 Years) that have shocked me. One is that people will pay for water that is free. When this started, I thought it was crazy and this was a terrible business model. Boy was I wrong. Two is that grown men under a fake name will go on a message board and criticize a student athlete who is not playing well. I can not understand why people do that but they do it all the time. ( not that often on this board but it happened on Saturday)

On a separate note I will be in the house on Saturday. The first time I have been to home Furman football game since 1983. I am looking forward to it. Leaving my house at 5:45 am with my wife and daughter. I have always thought sitting on the home side and looking up at Paris Mountain in the fall may be the best view from any stadium.

Tommy Doughton
36 years is a long time. Furman football has missed you (and many others like you who for whatever reasons have not attended). Furman football needs you. Please make a tradition to attend to the extent possible, at least 1-2 times a a season. Hope Saturday will be a good day for the 3 of you. Have realistic expectations. Apparently you are driving quite a long distance. Safe travels!
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #19701  by GOAT
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:03 pm
affirm wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
GOAT wrote:

Tommy Doughton
36 years is a long time. Furman football has missed you (and many others like you who for whatever reasons have not attended). Furman football needs you. Please make a tradition to attend to the extent possible, at least 1-2 times a a season. Hope Saturday will be a good day for the 3 of you. Have realistic expectations. Apparently you are driving quite a long distance. Safe travels!
Thanks. Furman is also having an open house for prospective students which starts at 9am, thus early departure time. My daughter wants to look at Furman. I have been to several away games over the years App St and Elon a couple of years ago in the playoffs. Last time I was on campus was when we beat USC in basketball. So I am bringing the mojo.
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #19702  by GOAT
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:12 pm
Can someone tell me if we have a clear bag policy? My wife and daughter will want to know.
 #19707  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:48 pm
GOAT wrote:

Tommy Doughton
Tommy, Good man. Glad you are coming! If those are the only two things that have shocked you in 58 years Well then ... I am shocked. Landing on the moon ? Berlin Wall. Al Gore's internet and deciphering the human genome?

FYI _ I laughed at bottled water too.. :D Shows what I know. I ain't real smart.

A word of advice - I used to post with my real name and sign things (as you did here). I note your comment about 'hiding' behind user names and I agree - it seems weak to me too. So I tried doing like you and putting my real name on everything. I was advised by the moderators that after some happenings (not here, just in general) we all might want to use a username only so I switched. Just a note. Personally, I don't think anyone here is dangerous.. its them Clempson fans and Auburn guys that are wacky

Have a great time and welcome back !!! We need more fans in the stands !
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #19708  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Welcome back. Hope you and yours will have a great day. I don't think there is a clear bag policy at PS but not 100 percent sure. Email Dwight Covington, he should be able to help you.

DwightCovington@Furman.edu
 #19713  by furpal81
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:11 pm
GOAT wrote:
Can someone tell me if we have a clear bag policy? My wife and daughter will want to know.
Coming from a woman with a toddler who goes to all the home games... There is no clear bag policy at this time. They may or may not search their purse/bag :)
apaladin liked this
 #19716  by cavedweller2
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:28 pm
Put you mini bottles in your boots.
gofurman, gman84, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #19722  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:40 pm
You have not spent enough time around prisons to know the best place to store them... We will file that in tricks learned in Gray Court.
 #19731  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:09 pm
GOAT wrote:
If we do have a clear bag policy, can we carry our Shwetty balls inside our clear bags, or no?
 #19732  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:33 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
GOAT wrote:
If we do have a clear bag policy, can we carry our Shwetty balls inside our clear bags, or no?
nice - lets bring in our wet Schwetty balls. and No, i am not rehashing, its from a fun thread in general idiocy. old SNL references are always welcome.

was that Alec Baldwin I think?
 #19734  by Jasper
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
GOAT wrote:
I believe that is always appropriate.
 #19741  by dornb
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm
GOAT wrote:
I have a black backpack and nothing has been said to me. A few years ago, they used to look in my bag, but they don't do that now. Welcome back to Furman!
 #19746  by soconjohn
 Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm
People that criticize student-athletes are not cool...i have not seen this or heard this, mainly just referring to the first post above...First of all, we all are not perfect...Second of all because those that don't have every day a good day,they in turn assume those guys aren't great players...It's why I love Darren Grainger and Hamp Sisson...Neither are going to have a perfect day all the time right? But they can both play...They both are about the right things...They are both vital...In fact, you're gonna need both to go where you want to go...That's facts...And this has nothing really to do with the 36-year hiatus guy...lol...But I am glad you're back...Did you go join Coast-to-Coast AM or something? lol...just kidding...Glad to have you back...That being said, I am glad to have a luxury of having a couple of reliable players like these two...Both great human beings if you have ever met either one, you'll know what I mean...I will also add that I also think paying for water is pretty ridiculous...haha...I laughed at that pretty good.
GOAT, DeepPurple liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.