• UTC Gameday!

#19535  by saltyshaker
 Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:43 pm
great job by sisson.he deserves to start next week.but do not write off the other kid.he has ability but not has played up to his potential the last couple weeks. think alabama with tua and hurts.as coach Hendrix said after the game we will need them both.
FUKA61, 76MrMoto, hypercycloid and 4 others liked this
 #19547  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:18 pm
GReat job by Sisson!!!

Our announcers noted on radio how our OL responded positively when Sisson came in game. Hmm. That tells me they (OL) were getting worn down and tired of watching same stuff not work on O. Straight from our radio crew. McMorris(?) said no disrespect to DG but he felt Sisson was making good reads. Good to hear. Hope we have two QBs now. Of course many coaches will say if you have two QBs you don’t have one. So I suspect Sisson should start next week. He earned it. Man it’s so tough to come in and lead a comeback. Great job to him and whole team.

Great job to our D - as Jackal has said our D gets overlooked. People so often do that with every team. They kept us in it w the two short fields off turnivers only giving up 3 points !! A FG and then got a turnover ! Man. Stout. Held them to 12 for most of game. Wow

Props to UTC ) as I noted pre-game where someone said UTC doesn’t have talent to worry us and I noted the RB Ford. I watched his replay on espn+ v Woff and ETSU I think. That dude is gonna be a killer for four years. man to just that run right before half was a killer. He is so tough to bring down

Great job Furman!!!
PalaDad liked this
 #19592  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:46 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:22 pm
Props to you GF for your insight with Ford, and for pointing that out to the board!
oh 74, oh man I know you are sarcastic but I almost (ALMOST) just love sticking it to you in fun at this point when it gets like this --> I was told ON THIS BOARD they didn't have any talent at UTC to worry about. Really, none? NONE? N O N E ? When you hear stuff like that and pre-game you call the RB who then comes to be the biggest threat. Well, as OUR kids say, it ain't braggin if you back it up :D

Hell, our own players use that phrase. So if you call me out for braggin where I back it up.. then you might ought to quit pulling for Furman - i have heard our players brag a lot when on the field after a game. Though, believe it or not I am not big on bragging. I really don't like it. Its just a joke on here - as CD said, none of this stuff is near GK or Benwah level. Heck, I am often self-deprecating on here. In that ridiculous thread I called myself an idiot. I am not sure I see you do that? Show me where you have been as self-deprecating as me. I just called myself an idiot tonight on here. And I am.. I often say (and you KNOW this to be true) how much more you and FUBeAR know than me, etc.

Oh, by the way, Why don't you call out the people who say the MORE ridiculous things than I (at least mine are true even if my bragging really is just in fun and to play w you) - like those that said UTC has no talent we need to worry about? No talent to worry about> yet coming into today they had one conference loss. Why dont you call them out? I SENSE A BIAS. Hmmmm - the ol' commercial "Enquiring minds want to know" comes to mind. :D

Moving on
 #19593  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:03 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:41 pm
kudos to coach Hendrix and coach quarles for making the difficult decision to switch qb's after watching our starter who had so many good moments early in the year struggle over his last 10 quarters.and kudos to hamp for being ready when his # was called.hopefully we can old on here and finish off this game with a victory.
no no !!! you can't say this. you are implying someone on the Furman team ever struggled at something. at anything ever? No, we aren't ever allowed to say that. someones feelings might be hurt - heck, one day a coach might get suspended for slapping a helmet . ITS A JOKE PEOPLE , A JOKE (ok, the slapping the helmet happened in real life up at ETSU but still)

:D :D :D

Nah, it was a great call and now we have TWO QBs ! lets go beat VMI !

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.