#1949  by Flagman
 Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Bootie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm
I rest my case.
What case??
That there's no need for a secondary logo. The Diamond IS forever.
Paladin82, Bootie, apaladin liked this
 #1951  by The Jackal
 Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:05 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm
Bootie wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 pm
I rest my case.
What case??
That there's no need for a secondary logo. The Diamond IS forever.

Crossing over from another thread, here’s a video on how Samford came to change up a lot of their logo and branding over the last year or two

Samford does not have the athletic identity Furman does, but that is a good viedo on the process of changing up your university’s image.

Also, it confirms my theory about why Samford has gone to “Sam.” I suppose their market research indicated that a lot of people confuse the university with Stanford, so they emphasize “Sam not Stan.”

Anyway, that has nothing to do with Furman football.
 #2027  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 am
Roster updated: http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-foot ... -19/roster
Any changes of note?
 #2029  by The Jackal
 Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 am
Roster updated: http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-foot ... -19/roster
Any changes of note?

Mostly numerical, I think. There are a couple of absences of guys we already assumed were not on the roster. None of the heights and weights appear to have changed, which I assume will be updated when they report for preseason practice.

It looks like a few guys moved from DE to DT (Lawrence and Sochovka), which is not a huge deal as the positions are largely the same.

I think our ILB group will have a lot of available snaps for younger guys. Voyles and McKoy have played a good bit, but not a lot of battle-tested players in that group.

Large group of Safeties (10), and I don't expect they will all stay there. Harden moved over from CB.

We also have a large number of WRs (10), none of which are seniors. Not sure what to make of that. Jackson Dozier, for instance, who I know virtually nothing about, moved from QB to WR.

Still a pretty young team. I count 11 seniors.