• WCU game thread

#19262  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:10 pm
Good win. still need more completion% but we look better - fair to say that western isn't a great D (they may be last in conference?) but let's good to win! Now its us and Woff in first.. Chatt right there too. 3 teams w one loss. *Glad to see Sisson too
NEXT WEEK HUGE !!!
 #19265  by FU3
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:31 pm
No style points but a win none the less. I thought the D adjusted nicely in the second half. This is still a very young team and that leads to inconsistency. Hopefully get a dry track next week and get the O dominating again.
 #19266  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:34 pm
General thoughts:

Nice win. Became pretty apparent that WCU wasn't going to score again absent a busted coverage or flukey play.

Offense ran wide open in the 3rd Q. Built a three TD lead, and throttled down in the 4th quarter, comfortable to just stay conservative, run the clock, and punt the ball back.

I'm not sure why folks get so in arms about the offense and fail to remember that football is a three phase game. Our defense has allowed 14 or fewer points in 5 contests this year. That's outstanding.
 #19267  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:29 pm
Dominated the second half. WCU had 175 yard of O when it mattered (80 yards on last drive vs the 3rd string) and O had almost 400 on another wet day with a conservative game plan and last two possessions basically amounting to taking a knee.

Funny how as we dominated the second half the posts in this thread basically ceased. Y’all are a bunch of b-itchy m-f-ckers.
Now now. I’m still posting :D

Jackal got mad when I did my sudoku-changed-spelling- but-obvious-cursing.

It’s only fair he Get mad at this one too. Either pick on me and Paul or or neither .. both or neither. Don’t single one guy out. . I’m sure he will call Paul out for doing the very same thing.
—-
That said our D is amazing. Lowest points allowed in conference despite two FBS games. Our D is Amazing. Run O is great but will need complimentary help vs better DL (see bulldogs, Citadel) as we still have some passing issues but looked better.

Chat and Woff will be telling. Hope we win em all. But top 4/5 teams are Furman . Woff. Chatt . VMI (maybe Cit). We’ve played one. And lost. However there is but a slight edge between teams 1-7. Western is bad at 1-7 beating only north greenville and losing to Gwebb
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cavedweller2 liked this
 #19268  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm
Run the F#$&ing ball. Run the #@*( Ball.
FUBeAR liked this
 #19270  by youwouldno
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:51 pm
WCU has one of the worst defenses in FCS. The fact is that Grainger again wasn't able to throw the ball with consistency, even against them. Some live opponents are coming up and if something doesn't change, one or more will be L's.
Jasper liked this
 #19272  by tim
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:11 pm
Does it look as though he isn't seeing open receivers? Maybe locking in on one? There were several throwing plays when he could have run. Stuff you naturally see though with a RS freshman. He will be a good 'un.
 #19276  by Jasper
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:14 pm
Paul C wrote:
Dominated the second half. WCU had 175 yard of O when it mattered (80 yards on last drive vs the 3rd string) and O had almost 400 on another wet day with a conservative game plan and last two possessions basically amounting to taking a knee.

Funny how as we dominated the second half the posts in this thread basically ceased. Y’all are a bunch of b-itchy m-f-ckers.
Real class act you have going.
 #19278  by Paul C
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 pm
Jasper wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Thank you. I try.
Davemeister liked this
 #19282  by gman84
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Some people call it like they see it! I have no problem with that. To be honest.... I can read some posts after a game and tell who it is without seeing the name.
Are we clicking on all cylinders right now? NO! Our Qb is a great athlete that is very inexperienced. That’s not an excuse, it’s a fact. How about people support this team, instead of railing when they don’t score 42. Some people have forgotten where we were just 3 years ago.
FUKA61, hypercycloid, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #19283  by JohnW
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:14 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:27 pm
Jasper wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Thank you. I try.
You didn't know better you'd think some folks had an agenda. Kinda wants the starter to fail. But that would hurt the team, so crazy right?
Paul C liked this
 #19284  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Fans with a negative outlook see themselves as realists. They aren't. They are the perpetually dissatisfied and wouldn't be content regardless of the score.
Paul C, gman84, FUKA61 and 2 others liked this
 #19286  by Flagman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Fans with a negative outlook see themselves as realists. They aren't. They are the perpetually dissatisfied and wouldn't be content regardless of the score.
And we have plenty of them.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.