• "Weekends At The Well" (Dec. 14, Jan. 11, Feb. 22)

#18504  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:04 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:45 pm
This thread has morphed into football. Typical UFFP.

Don't wet your britches flagman, there has been a grand total of 3 posts about football in this thread grand totaling about 4 sentences, not really something significant enough for you to gripe on
Affirm liked this
 #18509  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:38 pm
A noon start on Saturday Dec. 14th could conflict with a FB playoff game. Just sayin'. I wonder if we have the option to change the game time if that be the case?

Good point, that would be a good problem to have and one that I hope our administration is prepared to successfully navigate should it arise
Affirm liked this
 #18517  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:11 am
apaladin wrote:
A noon start on Saturday Dec. 14th could conflict with a FB playoff game. Just sayin'. I wonder if we have the option to change the game time if that be the case?
If this were to happen, move the basketball game to 7:00pm, football at 1:00pm and let everyone into the basketball game with their football ticket.
fufanatic, dornb, FUpaladin08 and 1 others liked this
 #18519  by Affirm
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:11 am
apaladin wrote:
If this were to happen, move the basketball game to 7:00pm, football at 1:00pm and let everyone into the basketball game with their football ticket.
To what extent will Furman have a say in the game time for either event. If we get to playoffs and get that far and have a game in PS that far into the playoffs, will it not be the NCAA setting the game time? And for the basketball game, is not the game time already set under the contract with the arena? Other than those major concerns, Flagman has a great idea.
 #18520  by gman
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:47 am
apaladin wrote:
Work the football game around the basketball game time start. We would not know about a possible football game until a few days before the bb game. If we want to get the Greenville community involved, the last thing to do is change the game time on them. Do not mess with the basketball game.
 #18531  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:15 pm
I know we are getting way ahead of ourselves but that would be the quarterfinals(4 games) with one usually being Friday night on espn. Chances of having a home game are slim on that date unless we area a top 4 seed which is not likely or an upset.
 #18537  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 pm
Regardless we are going to be playing on top of ice all 3 games. The first 2 games the Swamp Rabbits have games on Friday and Sunday. The 3rd game they actually have a game on Saturday night.
 #20103  by CharlieFU
 Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm
This is an important next start for our program. Having now met our AD, I am convinced he has big dreams for the basketball program!

Yes, you will actually have to PAY for parking. But that’s a small price to pay for progress forward in the program.
gman, FUKA61, apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Scouting Samford

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.