• Furman at WCU

#19070  by apaladin
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:04 pm
Not sure GF but I believe the extension was done before the season started.
 #19092  by AlValonge
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 pm
We need to focus on making things right against WCU. We still have a lot of improving to do in every phase of the game and last I checked, this is a SoCon game and counts towards all of our goals (which are on the table). I can't explain what happened on Saturday and would love another crack at the Bellhops, but all we have is a game on Saturday. Go FU!
 #19093  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm
WCU football twitter:
https://twitter.com/catamountsfb?lang=en

WCU message board:
http://catamount.boards.net/board/4/wcu-football
Just spent 10 minutes browsing their message board...wow. That's one depressed group of fans. They deserve better.
I would call it despair. They’ve gone beyond depression & have hit abject hopelessness.

FUBeAR tried to warn ‘em. When they were ridin’ high & making Playoff Game plans in 2017,( before Mercer ended that pipe dream), I was tellin’ ‘em that they just were not a very good football team - not well-coached & not enough talent to win many more games in the coming years.

They said I was being mean & picking on them. And they ‘proved me wrong’ by quoting the Avg. HT/WT of their O-Linemen (LOL).

Nope - just sayin’ what I was seein’ & tellin’ the truth. Since they beat the bellhops, 2 years ago this week, their only D1 wins have been over a bad (last year) VMI Team by 2 and over an awful Big South Team.

What was the name of that old-ish movie with Billy Crystal & Meg Ryan?...”Hopeless in Cullowhee”...something like that, I think.

The curse of the goalposts has come home to roost!

Oh yeah - I did see one particularly funny post on there...recalling their “glory days”...1983...the last time they made the Playoffs. The poster was crying about not being crowned SoCon Champions...even though Furman had a better SoCon record than WCU (hey - maybe they originated the “Participation Trophy” concept) and then said they made up for it by “beating the crap out of Furman in the Playoffs.” They won 14-7 and trailed the game until there was 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when they surmounted FU’s lead with a TD (by a Transfer from Georgia - Herschel’s gift to WCU Football) & a 2 pt XP. Yep - definitely was a CLEAR ROUT! :lol:
Last edited by FUBeAR on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davemeister, QCGlue liked this
 #19094  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:27 pm
WCU football twitter:
https://twitter.com/catamountsfb?lang=en

WCU message board:
http://catamount.boards.net/board/4/wcu-football
Just spent 10 minutes browsing their message board...wow. That's one depressed group of fans. They deserve better.
I would call it despair. They’ve gone beyond depression & have hit abject hopelessness.

FUBeAR tried to warn ‘em. When they were ridin’ high & making Playoff Game plans in 2017,( before Mercer ended that pipe dream), I was tellin’ ‘em that they just were not a very good football team - not well-coached & not enough talent to win many more games in the coming years. They said I was being mean & picking on them. Nope - just sayin’ what I was seein’ & tellin’ the truth. Since they beat the bellhops, 2 years ago this week, their only D1 wins have been over a bad (last year) VMI Team by 2 and over an awful Big South Team.

What was the name of that old-ish movie with Billy Crystal & Meg Ryan?...”Hopeless in Cullowhee”...something like that, I think.

The curse of the goalposts has come home to roost!
Good point FUBeAR, people often mistake the truth for being mean. It comes back to haunt them. Nothing to do with FU right now just an axiom that often holds true and yet I see people do it all the time.. stick their head in the sand and ignore whats going on instead of addressing issues.

That said I am looking forward to seein' a whoopin in the wheeeee
 #19101  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 pm
Game Notes for western are out

https://furmanpaladins.com/documents/20 ... maries.pdf

A few points of interest though I know our two deep isn't perfect. Still I don't see why to list a guy like Johanning if it isn't possible he may play - he hasn't been listed the past few weeks:
*A Trapp has been playing well at CB and is listed as "or" - I saw him on sideline with a sling during Citadel. I suspect he doesn't play this game either
*Blackshear has been doing great but he and Kearse are listed as 'or-'
*Roberto is at least listed as backupRB - that would mean no redshirt and probably says Maples can't go
* Jacob Johanning now listed at OG as True Freshh. Might he see PT vs Western? wouldn't surprise me
* also, I missed this last time but Chizik is listed as a possible KOR. I really don't want to see Wynn return KO (just fair catch)

Also of value - not sure about Tyrie but the Noseguard/DT for WCU is out so far. Adam Henderson
and their OL has 3 freshman !
 #19124  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:35 pm
And just like that the chance of rain on Sat is down to 40%....”cloudy with occasional rain showers. High near 60. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%”
Up to 60% now. Just like last week, should be 100% by Saturday. :(
 #19129  by Flagman
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:53 pm
It doesn't matter. Bring appropriate rain gear.
QCGlue liked this
 #19130  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
I will, Not really worried about us. Just hoping the team can show it can play in rain.
 #19138  by Paul C
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
I will, Not really worried about us. Just hoping the team can show it can play in rain.
Me too. Vegas has us as a 26.5 point fave, if it was going to be sunny and dry I'd take that bet. In the rain, after last week? not so sure.
 #19145  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm
last 5 WCU scores:
10/19/19 @ WOF x ...LOSS 59- 7 (mostly without Adams but stil a killin')
10/12/19 @ CIT x ... LOSS 35- 17 (not really a bad showing vs a tough Cit team)
10/5/19 vs GWEBB x ... LOSS 24- 21 (basically equal to Gwebb)
9/28/19 @ UTC x... LOSS 60- 36 (yeah, score fest, wcu has no D)
9/14/19 vs NG x .... WIN 20- 17 (3 points better than NGU though no Adams)

summary? 3 points from NGU and Gardner Webb on either side. Like Jackal says, any Furman team that is 'back' does NOT lose this game. I don't care weather or whatever. If you are good you do.. not... lose. I give them credit for their Citadel score. ... Western is far weaker on D than O. Occasionaly the Western O shows up
Last edited by gofurman on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #19147  by gman
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:16 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:35 pm
And just like that the chance of rain on Sat is down to 40%....”cloudy with occasional rain showers. High near 60. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%”
Up to 60% now. Just like last week, should be 100% by Saturday. :(
Hope this NOAA map is wrong for all going to the game.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i.gif?1537887639
 #19155  by FUpaladin08
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:03 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Me too. Vegas has us as a 26.5 point fave, if it was going to be sunny and dry I'd take that bet. In the rain, after last week? not so sure.
I hope it’s a monsoon and FU whips em so we can forget about this bad weather performance stuff.
 #19156  by apaladin
 Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:36 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:03 pm
Paul C wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:
I hope it’s a monsoon and FU whips em so we can forget about this bad weather performance stuff.
Looks like you may get your wish. In just a couple of hours it's gone from 60% chance of showers to 90% chance of rain.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.