• UNC-G

#1818  by Flagman
 Sat May 19, 2018 6:13 pm
Assuming the outcome of these games would not have an impact on the tournament seedings contributed to the decision to cancel the games and not more of an effort to get them in.
 #1819  by apaladin
 Sat May 19, 2018 7:53 pm
I was surprised that all the games were cancelled. I am in Las Vegas and saw some of BMW golf tournament and the weather looked good. Bring back the good old days when you didn't cancel/postpone games because it might rain. FYI FU will have the 7th seed and play Sammy at 4pm Wednesday.
 #1823  by gman
 Sun May 20, 2018 6:32 am
I was surprised too. I am a weather radar geek. There was not enough rain to cancel all the games, especially yesterday.
 #1826  by DanScott
 Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm
Problem was the outfield grass. Brett posted a video Saturday walking out there and the water covering his shoes...We had so much rain the water could not drain. Both coaches agreed it was a hazard and the games should be called. And UNCG wanted to play all three. They hoped to have a resume’ worthy of an at-large bid should they get upset this week.
 #1828  by hawg
 Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Since I was not notified that the game was cancelled, I drove over. Not the first time this has happened. The field looked OK, but I admit I did not walk on it.
My question is "Is there a list I can get on that will inform me of schedule changes?"
 #1831  by gman
 Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm
hawg wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 pm
Since I was not notified that the game was cancelled, I drove over. Not the first time this has happened. The field looked OK, but I admit I did not walk on it.
My question is "Is there a list I can get on that will inform me of schedule changes?"
Follow @FurmanBaseball on Twitter.
 #1836  by apaladin
 Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 pm
DanScott wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:23 pm
Problem was the outfield grass. Brett posted a video Saturday walking out there and the water covering his shoes...We had so much rain the water could not drain. Both coaches agreed it was a hazard and the games should be called. And UNCG wanted to play all three. They hoped to have a resume’ worthy of an at-large bid should they get upset this week.
I don't see UNCG needing an at-large bid. They are the odds on favorite, but again, baseball is a funny game.
 #1839  by lawdog
 Mon May 21, 2018 9:43 am
UNCG has a special group this year ... experienced, can hit, pitch, and defend.
 #1848  by The Jackal
 Mon May 21, 2018 3:01 pm
lawdog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:43 am
UNCG has a special group this year ... experienced, can hit, pitch, and defend.
Read: good.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.