• Mercer Postgame Thoughts

#17306  by stonemd
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:21 pm
From Hero Sports:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... urman-ajaj

So here's a strong take on what just happened in the last 24 hours: Furman is the team that needs to be flying high on everybody's poll ballot tomorrow. The Paladins aren't No. 17 in the country, pollsters (grrrrr, don't get me started), and I even had them at No. 9 on my ballot and they should be higher than that. I don't give a damn about the 2-2 record (think about who this team lost to and by how much, people). If the world stopped today, Furman is an FCS seed with a first-round bye so the players can have some extra Thanksgiving turkey and not worry about a game in 48 hours. They could actually have some extra stuffing and cranberries and pumpkin pie, too. Hey, if that's not motivation for a starving offensive lineman (I weigh like an OL now, but I'm about a foot too short to be one), than I don't know what is. Furman is legit, folks.
Paladin575, Bootie, FUKA61 and 2 others liked this
 #17307  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:31 pm
FUBeAR moved FU up 1 spot to #3 this week behind only the directional dakota states.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.