• Citadel beats GT

#16893  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:01 pm
SoCon would be decent in ACC. guess how many passes Citadel completed to beat GT?...

one
 #16894  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Not good news. Yes Citadel completed only one pass but GT complete only 5. It was 2 option teams. It wouldn't be that way against other ACC teams that actually can throw the ball.
 #16899  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:10 pm
Congrats Citadel

GT was a hot mess
 #16900  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not good news. Yes Citadel completed only one pass but GT complete only 5. It was 2 option teams. It wouldn't be that way against other ACC teams that actually can throw the ball.
It is good. Citadel is who they are regardless. So they might as well have votes or rank when we play them !
 #16904  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not good news? I guess you mean our path to a SoCon championship and playoff bye before our first playoff home game is going to be a lot tougher than a lot of FU fans think. Mercer is going to be a bear 🐻 and that is not an intentional pun. And now we see that Citadel is going to be tough to beat as well. I AM glad about how well we have done in the first 3 games.
Focus on Mercer. They are very, very good.
Beat Mercer.
 #16906  by gman
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not good news? Why?
 #16907  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Not good news because it is Citadel. ;) Now the real season begins. See y'all in Paladin Stadium next week.
 #16916  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
Not good news because it is Citadel. ;) Now the real season begins. See y'all in Paladin Stadium next week.
Cannot just be because it is Citadel. Whether we win or lose to Citadel, does it not make us look better that Citadel beat GT? Does not make sense for any team, any team, to want their rival to always do poorly.
 #16917  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm
It's a good win for the Citadel, but GT is awful. Their new coach is running a completely new system with Paul Johnson's option-based personnel.

Furman will be favored in every game going forward. We need to play like the lead dog. I've seen nothing to this point that makes me think Furman isn't the clubhouse favorite in the SoCon.
dornb liked this
 #16918  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
It's a good win for the Citadel, but GT is awful. Their new coach is running a completely new system with Paul Johnson's option-based personnel.

Furman will be favored in every game going forward. We need to play like the lead dog. I've seen nothing to this point that makes me think Furman isn't the clubhouse favorite in the SoCon.
right. I hATE CITADEL but my point is that it's better for teams to be ranked when we play them. And better for SoCon perception - go Mercer just for tonight

Right now socon needs some perception help. Citadel helped that. Furman has helped that. Hopefully Mercer beats Austin Peay
gman liked this
 #16922  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:21 pm
The Jackal wrote:

Remains to be seen whether we will be favored in every game going forward. That may be true at the moment, but it could change week to week. A lot could change if we lose to Mercer. We could lose to Mercer. Let’s just focus on Mercer. Beat Mercer.
 #16994  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:57 am
Sammy took care of Woffy last night 21-14. Despite the pre-season hype, the Anklebiters are not Top Dogs in the SoCon.
 #16996  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am
affirm wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm
apaladin wrote:
[/quote
Does not make sense for any team, any team, to want their rival to always do poorly.
LOL, try to telling that to SC/Clempson fans or Alabama/Auburn fans.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.