#15314  by gofurman
 Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:13 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:53 pm
Let's worry about next offseason next offseason.
Jackal, I hear ya. Just one question then - how often do we lose Redshirt Juniors who are getting a lot of playing time? I ask because it did happen when I was in school. Maybe it's very rare now?

IE, I guess I am asking do most R-Juniors who are getting a lot of PT return for a 5th year now? .. I will send you a PM too.
Not everyone realizes this, but Playing College Football is REALLY, REALLY HARD.

Each individual has to make the decision whether or not they want to continue playing, not just every season; sometimes it’s e’ry dang day!
I am sure - and you and your son would both know !! How about Furman go 12-0 and Mercer go 11-1 this year :D
 #15315  by AstroDin
 Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:56 am
after being on the road for a month - I finally have my early morning time back to lurk Twitter for offers and commitments and other noise. I came up empty - but I did find a recent video interview with Ty Youngblood. Ty comes off as a bright, tough kid, a leader, and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I didn't realize he's played more running back than at linebacker. He goes on to say he will play both positions in 2019.

Jasper, FUKA61 liked this
 #15818  by JohnW
 Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:19 pm
New commitment per twitter is Seth Johnson, 6-2 265 DL, from The Baylor School in Chattanooga.
FUKA61, Paladawg liked this
 #15852  by Jasper
 Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 am
That's a whole nuther gear than anyone else on that field had.
 #15853  by AstroDin
 Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:33 am
Ambe Caldwell is looking good… I love Woodward's uniforms has a throw-back KC Chiefs feel.
 #16636  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:08 am
Excited about this guy, Jack Rhodes is a human missile:
 #16637  by Jasper
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 am
JohnW wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm

That said, I guess I was really hoping we could return 4 starting OL next year (all but Godwin)....Maybe we can keep one or two like Layton . People get excited about new OL recruits but I would far rather an all-conference R-Senior like Layton come back !!
WTF are you talking about?

Don't go jumping off the bridge because someone says "hey some RS Jr's might not come back" and you assume it's the whole starting OL

We have 11 RS Jr's. It's reasonable to assume some that are not starters won't return.
It happens every year and there has been the occasional member of the 2-deep. Already two of the guys I thought likely have reclassified as seniors. So we're up to twelve.
Layton told me that he is not returning. He is going on to medical school next year. Of course, that is always subject to change with young men but he seemed pretty certain of his plans..
gofurman liked this
 #16737  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:19 am
Jasper wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:23 am
JohnW wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm

That said, I guess I was really hoping we could return 4 starting OL next year (all but Godwin)....Maybe we can keep one or two like Layton . People get excited about new OL recruits but I would far rather an all-conference R-Senior like Layton come back !!
WTF are you talking about?

Don't go jumping off the bridge because someone says "hey some RS Jr's might not come back" and you assume it's the whole starting OL

We have 11 RS Jr's. It's reasonable to assume some that are not starters won't return.
It happens every year and there has been the occasional member of the 2-deep. Already two of the guys I thought likely have reclassified as seniors. So we're up to twelve.
Layton told me that he is not returning. He is going on to medical school next year. Of course, that is always subject to change with young men but he seemed pretty certain of his plans..
I caught flack here when I said that might be the case ( I was told that "redshirt juniors that are starters almost never leave") but when I saw him on the football pre-season poster I began to wonder. (and to one fan's credit he admitted when he saw Layton on the poster I may have been right) This ain't Marsha'. We actually have students at Furman.... Maybe one day some people will listen to me - JK :D Dang, that's our best OL but I wish him well ! He has been great for us ! Wish you well Mr Layton ! keep killing it this year for us like you have been and we appreciate all you have done !!
 #17823  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:56 am
RB Commit Kendall Thomas continues to put up video game stats…
 #18398  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:42 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:08 am
Excited about this guy, Jack Rhodes is a human missile:
that's great - can someone help me:

What safeties and DL are coming in 2020? I assume Jack Rhodes above.. any others at safety or DL?

(apparently the TL Hanna DL kid is gone I think? is that right?

I see this one recently - Seth Johnson, 6-2 265 DL, from The Baylor School in Chattanooga.
 #18439  by AstroDin
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 pm
I'm not going to do your work for ya… GoFu - go back in this thread it will answer your questions.