• Jonathan Jean transferring

#1565  by fufanatic
 Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:12 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 am
So it sounds like Jonathan will take classes at Furman through the summer, transfer to a DII school for a year to play hoops, and then come back to Furman to finish his degree. I've never heard of such a situation, but it sure says a lot about him, the Furman coaches and the program that all that can be worked out, there's no hard feelings and it's a win-win for Jonathan in that he gets to play and still graduate from Furman. Awesome answer to a tough situation.
That is an odd situation. I wonder if the school will bill him tuition for the year he comes back to Furman.
One would think right? Unless for that final year at Furman he's a team manager or something else team related where he's not on scholarship as a player, but is getting paid like a grad assistant maybe, thus free classes.
 #1571  by tim
 Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm
Did something similar happen with Cheesoruogh (sp). Sorry to Butcher the spelling but I just can't remember. I know he stayed for a year off the team but actually ended up at USC Aiken maybe?
 #1670  by s60
 Thu May 03, 2018 1:52 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Jon Jean will play at Lenoir-Rhyne next year for former Hillcrest HS star Everick Sullivan.
Hillcrest, where he teamed with Hal Henderson and Bruce Evans.

I still remember this dunk by Sullivan when he was playing at Louisville:

#1676  by furpop16
 Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm
Upon his return to Furman and obtaining his degree, will he still be considered a “transfer”? Else I see it as quite a recruiting point that the only interruption to FU’s streak is still on track to earn his degree.
fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.