#16575  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:54 am
paladinduece wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:35 am
MNORM wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:24 am
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:09 am
I’m a few days removed from watching the game live at The Ted so my memory could be fuzzy, plus they didn’t give the best replays on the Jumbotron. The fumble was ruled a turnover and the interception was ruled out of bounds right? Isn’t the NCAA rule that all turnovers are reviewed and do not require a challenge? So that is why the review would have “come from upstairs” on the fumble and not the interception. It would require a challenge from Furman to have that reviewed. We took a time out and clearly decided there wouldn’t be enough to overturn. I guess if we had challenged we risked losing a time out. Not 100% sure that’s the NCAA rule, but I know that’s the rule in NFL.

Again, a little fuzzy but I think the difference came down the the call on the field being incomplete.
That's my interpretation of the situation as well. It was difficult looking up over my shoulder at the jumbotron and getting a good look at the interception. We were on the 50 yard line, back row, and the TV camera scaffold was directly behind us. Plus, the review they kept showing was from behind the defender, so it was very difficult to see whether or not he had possession of the ball prior to stepping out of bounds. I'm assuming those watching at home saw more camera angles than those of us who were there in person.
Had a chance to look in slow motion and it was not an interception the call was correct.
Deuce, don’t ruin a good grumbling session with facts.
MNORM liked this
 #16576  by paladinduece
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:58 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:54 am
paladinduece wrote:
MNORM wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:
I’m a few days removed from watching the game live at The Ted so my memory could be fuzzy, plus they didn’t give the best replays on the Jumbotron. The fumble was ruled a turnover and the interception was ruled out of bounds right? Isn’t the NCAA rule that all turnovers are reviewed and do not require a challenge? So that is why the review would have “come from upstairs” on the fumble and not the interception. It would require a challenge from Furman to have that reviewed. We took a time out and clearly decided there wouldn’t be enough to overturn. I guess if we had challenged we risked losing a time out. Not 100% sure that’s the NCAA rule, but I know that’s the rule in NFL.

Again, a little fuzzy but I think the difference came down the the call on the field being incomplete.
That's my interpretation of the situation as well. It was difficult looking up over my shoulder at the jumbotron and getting a good look at the interception. We were on the 50 yard line, back row, and the TV camera scaffold was directly behind us. Plus, the review they kept showing was from behind the defender, so it was very difficult to see whether or not he had possession of the ball prior to stepping out of bounds. I'm assuming those watching at home saw more camera angles than those of us who were there in person.
Had a chance to look in slow motion and it was not an interception the call was correct.
Deuce, don’t ruin a good grumbling session with facts.
That being said the call on the fumble was nothing more than a conspiracy by the FBS to keep us under their thumb.
:lol:
Bootie liked this
 #16578  by fufanatic
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:11 pm
paladinduece wrote:
MNORM wrote:
FUpaladin08 wrote:

I'll trust your judgement on that one. I'm honestly stunned he wasn't able to bring it in. Granted I haven't seen replay yet, but in live game action it looked like he had plentyyyyy of real estate to bring in a fairly easy interception. I guess that's why they say that there's a reason DBs aren't WRs.
 #16597  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:34 pm
My question from before - I watched on TV as I was returning from beach:

1) asking - Wasn't that the way it basically played out: we took a timeout and we have a challenge to use and decided not to use it on the INT? / IE. we could have forced a review of the INT and did not??

or am I misunderstanding the rules... ? Did we have a challenge and could have used that to force a review of teh INT?
 #16602  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Some of you have no clue what you're talking about at all

It was a CLEAR interception for FU, why at the very least was an official review not done?
check the video 1:09:53
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=f34 ... 7a5c3c39b7

The overturned fumble was total BS, their is not one single shot that shows us CLEARLY touching the ball while being out of bounds, not one, again check the video
1:25:50
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=f34 ... 7a5c3c39b7

Officiating in this game was a joke and cost us the win
 #16617  by cavedweller2
 Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:00 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Some of you have no clue what you're talking about at all
Truer words have never been spoken on these hallowed pages.
AstroDin, fufanatic liked this
 #16642  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:59 am
Here is a legit honest question, in all our FBS games since video review has come to be, does anyone ever remember a specific review going in FU's favor to overturn a call?
 #16645  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Here is a legit honest question, in all our FBS games since video review has come to be, does anyone ever remember a specific review going in FU's favor to overturn a call?
It wasn't an overturn, but on Furman's first drive (I think) a GSU player was ejected after a targeting call.

They reviewed it, confirmed the call, ejected a key player minutes into the game.
 #16646  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
It wasn't an overturn, but on Furman's first drive (I think) a GSU player was ejected after a targeting call.

They reviewed it, confirmed the call, ejected a key player minutes into the game.

Yes I know, but I am asking about an overturn? Ever in FU's favor in an FBS game? Can anyone ever recall one?

Its almost like the review in an FCS vs. FBS game is there only to aid the FBS team, I have felt this since they first added it.

If the review could potentially aid Furman it feels like it is never done, and conversely the stupidest of reviews are done that could either aid the FBS team or keep the call the same, but never aid FU
 #16648  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am
gman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 am
I wish there were no reviews. It has made college football on tv unwatchable.

With the biased way it seems to be used at times I would have to agree
 #16651  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm
Hendrix has noted it a bunch, but one of the teams themes this year is to "leave no doubt."

In any game in any sport, there's always the possibility that a referee's call is going to hose you. The best bet is to get in a spot where a bad call doesn't affect the outcome.
 #16654  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm
Hendrix has noted it a bunch, but one of the teams themes this year is to "leave no doubt."

In any game in any sport, there's always the possibility that a referee's call is going to hose you. The best bet is to get in a spot where a bad call doesn't affect the outcome.

I would say we were well on our way to doing just that, up 20-3 nearing halftime, and getting an interception that the refs inexplicably decide not to do an official review on, changed everything